David Lacey

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
1980sstJ

David Lacey

Postby 1980sstJ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:36 pm

What do we all think will happen to him?

What do we all think should happen to him?

StVSurvivor

Postby StVSurvivor » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:45 pm

Ditto: Chris Southwell

Free

Postby Free » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:56 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:05 pm

Erm, i KNOW what David Lacey did. It happened to me! I am not speculating.

Keir

Postby Keir » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:11 am

So does he!

As one current pupil has already posted he has fessed up to his class!

It would do the man serious good to have to cope with a bit of personal attention as he seems to have slipped under the personal attack wire far too often considering what I and many others know of his behaviour at the time.

A most pressing case of a man in serious need of apologising imo.

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:58 am

I agree, he needs to apologise.

Am amazed he is still teaching there.

Can you point me to the thread you referred to? Thanks.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:08 am

I don't like this thread - it's nasty and vindictive. And before anybody complains that the subject was also - consider this: how is hounding someone going to serve the cause of justice? Is it not, in its own way, an abuse?

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:35 am

Stanton wrote:I don't like this thread - it's nasty and vindictive. And before anybody complains that the subject was also - consider this: how is hounding someone going to serve the cause of justice? Is it not, in its own way, an abuse?

Oh Stanton for goodness sake try and get with the real world!!

Of course this isn't going to be all nicey nicey we're talking about child abuse here.

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:45 am

Stanton wrote:I don't like this thread - it's nasty and vindictive.

Hmm, I think I've heard that expression used before in connection with Lacey... Ah yes, and here it is:

Daffy wrote:You should also be concerned about any teachers, still at the school, who were very much guilty of physical and other abuses. Take David Lacey, for instance - in my time at St James he was a true psychopath, someone with an inability to distinguish right from wrong. His nasty, vindictive, petty and violent behaviour towards many pupils was legendary. Yet he is still at St James, apparently.

( http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... 0&start=28 )

Stanton, you can't really appreciate how disgusting this man was when we were at school. To think that he's still there, teaching children, even with much tighter laws on child abuse in schools, is frightening.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:31 pm

You were there, I wasn't, so I need to be more humble. But we have heard from a current pupil that he is a changed man. Could this be possible?

Merry

Postby Merry » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:20 pm

I'm with Stanton and Free on this - the tone on this thread is vindictive and entirely speculative - perfect if you want to get worked up in to a lather! If you compare it to how Ben Wheaton has been contributing, the difference is obvious.

Posts of this nature do nothing for any genuine desire to reconcile with the past, assuming there is that desire and that is quite an assumption. If anyone wants to know if a teacher really regrets what he or she has done then surely it would be best to contact them or the Governors directly - much more effective than this site.

I'm sorry if the above sounds negative but a small minority of threads are along these lines and almost seem designed to keep antagonism going.

Best wishes

Patrick

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:06 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong but he has never apologised to or in any other way attempted to contact the people he abused.

He has seen other teachers from that era take those steps and receive a dignified response from former pupils. Both the teachers and the pupils benefitted enormously from that. But Lacey has not followed suit.

So before you lose too much sleep on his behalf, keep in mind the insulting silence he has kept.

PS - and yes as someone said, how on EARTH is he still teaching there?!

Merry

Postby Merry » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Find out! Contact him! ask him, call the Governors, write to them - you don't know and nor do I what he is thinking or what he has done - we speculate so much here.

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure it will inspire others to do the same.

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Whether or not he's a 'changed man' really makes no difference to those he abused. The man has caused massive suffering to huge numbers of people, it goes way beyond just those he actually abused, each victim has parents, siblings, friends, partners, children etc.. who live with the damaging effects of his actions every day.

Alban

Postby Alban » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Merry,

That would be too much like asking for an appology for me.

To be blatently honest, these guys know what they did and have lived with it for a very long time (probably sanitising a lot of it as they went). I can sort of understand why no appology was made while there was no obvious way to do it. But, if they were genuinely sorry, then as soon as the news came out that this BB existed then the first thing they should have been motivated to do is to get on here and appologise, wholeheartedly and unconditionally.

Even the fact that they were not first off the mark is forgiveable, but to keep their silence when three teachers had already made the extremely courageous first move is just plain arogant.

I'll say it again, if all parties concerned had followed the example of those three then pretty much all of the anger would have dissipated very quickly. There would probably have been no need for an inquiry and we could all have been getting on with our lives now. But no...they amply demonstrated that attitudes have not changed and treated us as though we were terrorists hellbent on death and destruction. That in turn just re-awakened feelings that had been lying dormant for so many years, and the anger came back tenfold.

Idiots!

How much money and time has been spent just because they refused to admit that all this went on, all the time, and that the experiment of mixing SES and schooling was ill-conceived and a complete failure.

Now the inquiry has taken place, they have no choice but to admit to the abuse that was highlighted in the report. So it's like..."You've found us out, now it's time to forget about it - quick before someone manages to prove what really went on".

Well sorry guys, but that's just not good enough. We've all said that the change has got to come from them, and to be sincere it has to be voluntary. You know, we're not asking for much, but it seems it is too much for them to manage.

Alban

Return to “St James and St Vedast”