Much Ado About Not Much, My Post & The Current Pupil's V

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Snowman

Postby Snowman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:48 pm

NYC

Yes you are correct. I was on the end of one of those 'harsh' treatments.

Not fun...

NYC

Postby NYC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:01 pm

Snowman, any idea who will be responsible for determining the appropriate disciplinary action for the former teacher/current school head? Does the NZ school have a governing body?

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:45 pm

Thanks for posting the link NYC:
http://www.iirep.com/page13.htm

So the governors have appointed a commitee, made up of a number of governors, who have interviewed the current teachers found implicated by Townend.

And found theyre all fine to continue teaching.

Hang on - This board of Governors is chaired by, and includes 4 members who were responsible for the schools during the period in question. Who Townend found had failed to govern, and who Townend found could not do their job as they were being controlled by the SES.

Theyre still here - theyre still in charge, and now theyre making decisions on how to deal with stuff thats been caused by their own irresponsibility.

Is it just me or....?
:crazyeyes:

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 pm

Unfortunately I dont think its just you!!!!

I am intreguied by this......hmmmmmmm

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

xstJ

Postby xstJ » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 pm

So hang on...I'm confused...

The governors appointed a committee of the governors to make recommendations to the governing body.

So they've all asked some of them to make recommendations to all of them.

er...nope.. don't get it.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:06 pm

Sounds typically SES to me.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:13 pm

sugarloaf wrote:Thanks for posting the link NYC:
http://www.iirep.com/page13.htm

So the governors have appointed a commitee, made up of a number of governors, who have interviewed the current teachers found implicated by Townend.

And found theyre all fine to continue teaching.

Hang on - This board of Governors is chaired by, and includes 4 members who were responsible for the schools during the period in question. Who Townend found had failed to govern, and who Townend found could not do their job as they were being controlled by the SES.

Theyre still here - theyre still in charge, and now theyre making decisions on how to deal with stuff thats been caused by their own irresponsibility.

Is it just me or....?
:crazyeyes:

Well, sugarloaf, what you need to understand is that a potter needs two hands to make a pot. The hand inside the pot is love and the hand that shapes the pot is discipline. The lump of clay is, of course, the pupil. Now, some potters may be a little over-zealous with the discipline hand but as long as they make a nice pot, it doesn't really matter if the lump of clay gets bashed about a bit. After all, the potter loves the clay.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:42 pm

Thanks tom - that does make me see it more clearly.

Do you know what they do with all the clay from any pots that collapsed in the process of making them?

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:44 pm

They dont get a broom and lift the corner of the nearest carpet by any chance?

Alban

Postby Alban » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:05 pm

Tom Grubb wrote:...Well, sugarloaf, what you need to understand is that a potter needs two hands to make a pot. The hand inside the pot is love and the hand that shapes the pot is discipline. The lump of clay is, of course, the pupil. Now, some potters may be a little over-zealous with the discipline hand but as long as they make a nice pot, it doesn't really matter if the lump of clay gets bashed about a bit. After all, the potter loves the clay.

So...how do you show love to a pot?...ram your fist inside it...yep, I can see how that analogy works for them!

Alban

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Draw a big bulging pink heart on it???? 'nuveau renaisance' ala greek resturant fresco stlye???? You get me? heheheheh

Sam xox (ok enough cheeky posts from me for today nite nite)
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

NYC

Postby NYC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:41 pm

The governors appointed a committee of the governors to make recommendations to the governing body.

I don't think appointing a disciplinary action committee to make recommendations to the governing board is such a wacko idea, but presumably Roger Pincham as the Chair decided who was ON the committee, and he shouldn't be part of any decision-making about the inquiry since he is one of the subjects of the inquiry. The other key question, completely unanswered on the iirep.com site, is who among the board was on the committee?

And a big toast to the ex-students over the Channel 4 report! I just listened to it online, no video. Finally, some actual reporting instead of articles which merely reprint text from the iirep.com and stjamesinquiry.org sites.

The inquiry would never have happened without you "hardened activists!" Cheers!

quote error fixed -- mike

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:01 am

Don't forget that in order to make the pot, you must also put it on a wheel and spin it's head until it's so dizzy that it can't move about or think by itself.

Roger Pincham being on the disciplinary committe, indeed!

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 am

Alban wrote:
Tom Grubb wrote:...Well, sugarloaf, what you need to understand is that a potter needs two hands to make a pot. The hand inside the pot is love and the hand that shapes the pot is discipline. The lump of clay is, of course, the pupil. Now, some potters may be a little over-zealous with the discipline hand but as long as they make a nice pot, it doesn't really matter if the lump of clay gets bashed about a bit. After all, the potter loves the clay.

So...how do you show love to a pot?...ram your fist inside it...yep, I can see how that analogy works for them!

Alban

Yes, it makes a lot of sense. Some, of course, prefer the analogy of the cricket ball and the head, or the fist and the face.

mike_w

Postby mike_w » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:24 am

carrot & stick, horse & cart, chalk & cheese - learning, teaching & running your & everyone else's life by analogy instead of reality- sums up the SES really

Return to “St James and St Vedast”