Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Funny THAT! Seeing as the Govenors Comissioned the report, it is theirs, something called COPY RIGHT!!!!! that comes under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Alban

Postby Alban » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:16 am

Actually Sam, they chose to put it in the public domain. There is no limitation of copying in this respect as long as the authors are credited when necessary and revenue is not earned from the material's re-use.

Alban

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:40 am

Sam Hyde wrote:Funny THAT! Seeing as the Govenors Comissioned the report, it is theirs, something called COPY RIGHT!!!!! that comes under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act!

Think global Sam, this BB is hosted in the US, I am in the Netherlands and the ISP in yet another continent at the time I became a client. The law you mention is a UK law. I am bound by UK law as much as you are bound by the law in Upper Mongolia.

What you should have used is the Berne convention.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Conv ... stic_Works

By the way, copyrighted works can be legally quoted from.
Mike Gormez

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:13 pm

yeah well, in the mean time I'm back, sorry to spoil the surprise 'n all!

Sam xox

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:14 pm

There is no surprise.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:52 pm

:angel: BUMP :angel:

sam xox

Daffy

Postby Daffy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:57 am

sparks wrote:Judging by the evidence of your literacy and numeracy skills I would suggest they had reasonable grounds for claiming a refund.

I have often thought the same, and this makes me doubt he is who he says he is. I know educational standards seem to be falling across the board, but when I was at school there would have been no chance of someone who expresses himself in such an infantile manner becoming head boy.

Perhaps though, things have not changed at all: devotion to the SES may still be more valued in a head boy/girl than anything else.

Joseph O'Shea

Re: THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE KIDS SHOULD FEEL ANYTHING AT

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:20 pm

Some people can spell but have rather uninspirational thoughts like most of the people here complaining about spelling. Shakespear couldn't spell and James Joyce spelled badly on purpoooosey.

James Joyce hung around with Lacan and other post-structuralists and he wrote with the main intent of showing how language is lacking and thus produced incomprehensible pros to make a point.

I don't think the same can be said of Sam
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:46 pm

Daffy,

well whats gotta be done is u guys have to realise not every1 writin on this BB is still stuck 30 years in the past! I guess this is anova sign telling u to move on?????
Drop your pedantic comments.
Sorry to dissapoint chum, but out of 4 head boys, 2 head head boys I am the only one who has SES connections. To go as far as saying I am devoted to the SES is rather like saying on saturdays the pope dresses in a shamag and attends lambeth town mosque for a bit of religious survival training. ICH DONT THINK SO

Sam xox

Keir

Postby Keir » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:37 am

Sam,

Quit whingeing that we are stuck in the past. When we have your dismissive and agressively-put posts to continually remind us of how the governors are treating us over the current situation, it is patently obvious how deep the problem CURRENTLY is.

I seem to remember you saying that you were going to take up a few things with your chummy headmaster. How did that go? Any progress to report? Did you get anywhere at all? No? Funny that! You are not the first well intentioned headstrong person that has tried to 'reason' with the SES/St J leadership, there have been many that have tried over the years. Unfortunately it seems that for all your protestation of change the ability to properly listen has still sadly eluded those responsible for running your school.

Some people are trying to enter into a dialogue despite this, and despite a great deal of trust required by us to do this it seems there has already been a cock up.

Maybe you could take it on yourself to find that young man that posted on this board a while ago who had a psychotherapist for a parent, and to ask her/him nicely if they wouldn't mind recommending someone to help the governors handle the whole situation better. Whilst you are at it, maybe have a couple of sessions yourself, just to help you understand why people who have been abused might need something other than someone who knows nothing about what they went through telling them to get over it and stop living in the past!!!!!

If you have no further news to add, please do as you said you would and try to help facilitate a solution to the impasse that keeps people writing here, much to your evident annoyance. Your anger is more appropriately directed at the governors, the headmaster and those who refused the early opportunity to do the right thing all those years ago (2).

Return to “St James and St Vedast”