Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
The O

Postby The O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:08 am

Oh, and by the way, I can think of at least 3 women teachers not in the school that aren't in the SES, Mrs Davids (deputy head of Maths) Mrs Quartier (Head of French) and a new French teacher joined this week, I forget her name. it is NOT about the SES!! THE SES IS NOT A CULT, THE SCHOOL IS NOT A CULT AND WE ARE NOT BRAINWASHED!!!
Theo Gould

Alban

Postby Alban » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:15 am

Theo, I will repeat...again!

It is not what they choose to wear, it is the very fact that there is a rule that they have to wear it.

It is of no consequence what a certain teacher did on "Mufti day", the point is, she obviously felt compelled to return to her long skirts thereafter.

You guys are either missing the point or are being purposely obtuse - can you not see the difference. The law certainly does - it is the law that forbids sexual discrimination.

Maybe I have you down wrong - I thought you were all in favour of getting rid of the SES influence (that you claim does not exist) and increasing the transparency of the schools beliefs so that your school becomes a far better place. You seem to be defending this arcane practice and in doing so are conforming to the SES stereotype.

Alban

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am

You hvae'nt answered my post about DRESS CODES.......every one HAS TO ABIDE by their employer's dress code or else. Don't you in your place of work Alban? We do at school, its called UNIFORM!

Anyway enough for today. Sleep well all, you folks down under, james, have a nice day!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Alban

Postby Alban » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:41 am

Sam Hyde wrote:...We all know where the original idea came from and we all know that the SES WAS extremely sexism and to an extent still is.

maybe you could have a little word with Theo then - get him up to speed :fadein:

Sam Hyde wrote:So what is the law regarding dress codes? Am I perfectly within my rights to violate a dress codes set by my employer?

The law comes into play if there is a penalty levied by an employer for not conforming to a dress code that cannot be shown to be reasonable. There have been a number of cases where women have taken their employers to court for not being allowed to wear trousers.

This is exactly what you stated and what I quoted.

If the dress code is merely there for guidance and there is no penalty for not conforming, then the law does not need to be applied - however, you have to be extremely careful about having a law that is not enforceable because if that person were then to be dismissed or felt that they were forced to leave then that same person could still take their employers to a tribunal claiming that the law was the cause of their departure.

Many people have fought for a long time to get these laws put in place for the protection of certain areas of society (in this case women). Please don't just dismiss them out of hand.

Sam Hyde wrote: If I was barrister in the high courts and thought that today I was feeling particularly liberal, so wore suspenders and a bra to session, I would not be subject to disciplinary action.

Actually, I have a feeling that you would be censured and quite possibly thrown out of chambers, but I'm sure one of the lawyers on this site could set the record straight on that one.

BTW, you are comparing apples to oranges here as I am talking about sexual discrimination - you are not.

Sam Hyde wrote:...Oh and btw the only LONG skirt at school is worn by Mrs. Lacey and she could really do with a visit from Tilla and Susana LMAO!!!! Many other staff wear skirts above the knee or just below where as Mrs. Lacey's is dragging along the floor in true bridal style! (not really but you get the pic??)

So lets get this right...it is a law, but a number of the staff are openly flouting it?

Firstly, good for them for demonstrating that in this case the law is an ass.

Secondly, if the school can't control it's staff, what hope have they of controlling the pupils (as you say LMAO!)

So...is it really a law..or not?

Alban

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:10 am

MM - would you care to tell us which school you are sending your child to now that you have removed/are about to remove him/her from St James?

mm-

Postby mm- » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:50 am

Stanton,

Have you gone mad, why on earth would I post the name of the next school my children will be attending on this BB?

Suffice to say it is a normal west London private school which teaches a mainstream curriculum....

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:40 pm

All,

Just to clarify. I'm not the other head boy. That's someone different
freedom wears your scars of desire

Snowman

Postby Snowman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 pm

The O wrote:Oh, and by the way, I can think of at least 3 women teachers not in the school that aren't in the SES, Mrs Davids (deputy head of Maths) Mrs Quartier (Head of French) and a new French teacher joined this week, I forget her name. it is NOT about the SES!! THE SES IS NOT A CULT, THE SCHOOL IS NOT A CULT AND WE ARE NOT BRAINWASHED!!!

I wonder if these new non-SES teachers are aware of the principles upon which the SES, hence St James, are founded.

The SES IS a cult.

St James is controlled by the SES.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:36 pm

BUMP

Sam xox

The O

Postby The O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:50 pm

Alban, does that mean that you believe that the men should be able to wear dresses, maybe even come into school in fancy dress, or fancy dresses? What you you think of Mr Boddy in a mini-skirt? the thought makes me cringe.
Theo Gould

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 pm

ROFL LMFAO!!!

Sam xox
or Mr. Wray in a pink TOO-TOO and black wellington boots! :Fade-color

The O

Postby The O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:03 pm

AntonR,
Thank you for your post, I would be happy to answer all and everyone of your questions.
1. I am in SES.
2. When I leave school I may still be in SES, but definately not after university. (It would just be an excuse to catch up with friends that were in the school)
3. Well, I am, but no, i completely detest meditation, it was not forced upon me, but I am mature enough to see that it may become uselful when I am under intense stress, which I am not under at the moment. Ayurveda, if that's what you mean, I do not believe in, although I find it interesting. Although I do learn these teachings from the SES, what they teach as Ayurveda is bullshit, utter crap, I knew more about Ayurvedic food types than Mr Lambie himself on a recent weekend, as did Sam Hyde, I have learnt it from my dad who travels to India quite regularly to research a book that he's thinking about writing about Ayurvedic food. I have absolutely no knowledge of Ficino, it has not been mentioned in any group sessions thus far, or even in the school philosophy. Plato has barely been mentioned in group, but I know about his life and his works as I study Philosophy at AS level, which is one of the reasons why I try to understand the SES philosophy as some of it is relevant to the course.

If the SES owns my school you should glaze my nipples and call me Rita! Utter rubbish!

Regards
Theo Gould

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:06 pm

FOOKIN HELL THATS HELLA FUNNY SHIT!!!!

RIIIITTAAAA!!!!

lmFao

Sambo xox

Snowman

Postby Snowman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Theo 'Rita of the glazed nipples' Gould

Do you really think that the SES doesn't control (I never said own) your school?

(For the youth: Do u reely tink dat da SES dont kontrol ur skool?)

Return to “St James and St Vedast”