Sex before Marriage

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.

Sex before Marriage

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:47 pm

The SES belive that Sex before marriage is not right.

discuss.

mgormez

Re: Sex before Marriage

Postby mgormez » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:The SES belive that Sex before marriage is not right.

discuss.

Erm.. :bday: I don't think it will work that way.

What are your views? By the way, please us a handle in the senderfield when composing a posting and/or on your signature.
Mike Gormez

Misty

Postby Misty » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:09 am

From this day forth I shall be called misty :angel:

I have no idea what to think about it. THat is why I ask for opinions. Take everything into account.. and make my conclusions from what I see and think.

Misty

Postby Misty » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:10 am

However I shall understand if no one is able to give an opinion. However I would have thought many were strong on what they thought on this topic.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:00 am

Why do they think it is "not right"?

Personally I think it is a good idea as you will know if you are compatible before you commit to each other.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:34 am

Most religions abhor sex before marriage, so (choosing my words carefully) it is inadvisable to practise it if you follow a religion. Moreover, a risk greater than 0 of a child being born out of wedlock is too great - and the ONLY real way of ensuring there is no risk is not having sex before marriage. Of course, this is assuming that marriage is the best form of relationship. Many will challenge this view as impractical, but the only impracticality in my mind is the lack of control demonstrated by the populace.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:13 pm

In my opinion there's no hard and fast rule. Obviously a child-mother of 14 is horrible.

But I also know that in a closed group that forms the innercore of the scientology cult, people can't do more than kiss before marriage and so a lot of the teens get married way too young and also the divorce rate seems pretty high. I wouldn't call that ideal either.
Mike Gormez

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:06 am

a different guest wrote:
Personally I think it is a good idea as you will know if you are compatible before you commit to each other.

SUrely wherther ur compatible or not really matters when your truely love someone.

Being compatible gives you pleasure, making that as one of the reasons why its a good idea to have sex before marrige surely makes you seem quite materialistic??

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:08 am

SUrely wherther ur compatible or not, does not really matters when your truely love someone.

(sorry typo -typing slower than im thinking)

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:45 am

Misty wrote:SUrely wherther ur compatible or not, does not really matters when your truely love someone.

Sure, some can love someone and never have intercourse. However daily life teaches us that other couples do have problems and seek counseling.

On another note, and don't take this personal please, but I don't know how old you are and for all we know you could be a 12 year old girl. That's okay but makes discussing this a bit awkward.
Mike Gormez

Katy

Postby Katy » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:42 pm

This topic is actually highly relevant for me at the moment, being 17 and brought up in St James (London branch of SES school). I need to get sorted about my opinion, at the moment I'm not entirely clear, but I can tell you what the school says about it. Apparently, when you first sleep with someone, the person you sleep with makes a mark on your 'antakarana' which is kinda like your soul I think. On a more practical level, they say that that is a highly significant and important person to you. THerefore it would make sense if the person was the person you were gonna spend the rest of your life with. On a physical level, sorry to be graphic, but the hymen has to be there for a reason, everything (except nipples on men!) has a point to it, and the hymen is a physical sign of the significance of having sex for the first time. Also having sex with the wrong people can muck you up emotionally, so its safest to sleep with someone you love (enough so they will never leave you). This all seems to make sense, but i don't see why it's wrong to sleep with someone who you r gonna marry anyway, like a fiancee, and also i dunno how i'm gonna cope about explaining to normal people my reasons for not sleeping around when i do not fully understand hem myself. Wud be great to know what u guys thinkx

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:24 pm

Katy wrote:
Apparently, when you first sleep with someone, the person you sleep with makes a mark on your 'antakarana' which is kinda like your soul I think. On a more practical level, they say that that is a highly significant and important person to you. THerefore it would make sense if the person was the person you were gonna spend the rest of your life with. On a physical level, sorry to be graphic, but the hymen has to be there for a reason, everything (except nipples on men!) has a point to it, and the hymen is a physical sign of the significance of having sex for the first time. Also having sex with the wrong people can muck you up emotionally, so its safest to sleep with someone you love (enough so they will never leave you). This all seems to make sense,

I won't presume to give you any advice on this matter because I don't think it's any of my business.

However, I'm rather disturbed that you think your school's teaching on this subject "all seems to make sense". I've no idea what an "antakarana" is and, judging from your comment that it's "kinda like your soul I think", I'm not sure you have, either.

I do know what a hymen is, though. It is definitely not "a physical sign of the significance of having sex for the first time"! The hymen very often ruptures before a female first has sexual intercourse. This can happen for all sorts of reasons: doing sports, masturbating, inserting a tampon, cycling, horse riding, etc. Even if the hymen is still present, it may be elastic enough not to tear during the first sexual intercourse. Then again, it may partially tear on the first intercourse and tear again the next time (or few times) a female has sexual intercourse. In fact, remnants of the hymen can be present for life! Also, some girls are born without hymens since that tissue divided while they were still in the womb. It is a dangerous myth that there will always be blood on the sheets the first time a girl or woman has sexual intercourse!

This is basic biological information that you have a right to know! It disturbs me that you have apparently not been taught it during biology or sex education lessons. Perhaps your school is more interested in imposing its religious beliefs on you than teaching basic biology?

Good luck!

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Tom Grubb wrote:Katy wrote:
However, I'm rather disturbed that you think your school's teaching on this subject "all seems to make sense". I've no idea what an "antakarana" is and, judging from your comment that it's "kinda like your soul I think", I'm not sure you have, either.

It does seem to all make sense to me aswell. Perhaps because my nature is more of a accepting manner than a questionable one. Isn't your first time important? If it is, ofcourse it will mean so much to you. You will do it with the one you love. Wouldn't the moment leave an 'imprint' on you, and on your heart?

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:51 pm

Tom Grubb wrote:
This is basic biological information that you have a right to know! It disturbs me that you have apparently not been taught it during biology or sex education lessons. Perhaps your school is more interested in imposing its religious beliefs on you than teaching basic biology?

If it was basic I am sure it would be in our GCSE biology books and sylabus, however is it not, and therefore it is not taught in our biology class.

Sex educations lesson... ooohhh we're not on that bit yet I guess...

Tom Grubb wrote: Perhaps your school is more interested in imposing its religious beliefs on you than teaching basic biology?

I think its a bit of both.

Misty

Postby Misty » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:00 pm

When someone says, 'sex before marriage', perople automatically seem to focus on the sex part of it.

Then again ofcourse your opinion on this topic depends on what marriage means to you.

Return to “General discussion of SES”