Speaking of Leaflets and Graffiti...

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Dissenter

Speaking of Leaflets and Graffiti...

Postby Dissenter » Thu May 11, 2006 5:04 am

We need more of them.

The second 'Introductory Philosophy' course for the year is about to start, here in little old Perth, Western Australia -- I suspect elsewhere as well.

http://philosophywa.com.au/IntroCourse.php

If I were 6 foot 3 and 130 kilos I would happily shave my head and stand out the front of the building on May 13th at 7:30pm handing out flyers, and sneak inside to spraypaint the WHYARETHEYDEAD url all over the toilet cubicles, while threatening to kick the shit out of any SES representative who came remotely near me. I'm sure it would be most effective.

Alas, such methods are sadly not at my disposal.

Instead, another group of people are likely to be conned into paying their money for this bogus 'philosophy course'. I am happy for the people who enjoy themselves there and want to continue on. But I am troubled by the prospect of many others being sucked in by the advertising, and not having the foresight to fully investigate the organisation.

You can't save them all I guess.

Perhaps we could chronically spam them from the registration page...
:evil:

mgormez

Re: Speaking of Leaflets and Graffiti...

Postby mgormez » Thu May 11, 2006 2:31 pm

Dissenter wrote:If I were 6 foot 3 and 130 kilos I would happily shave my head and stand out the front of the building on May 13th at 7:30pm handing out flyers, and sneak inside to spraypaint the WHYARETHEYDEAD url all over the toilet cubicles, while threatening to kick the shit out of any SES representative who came remotely near me. I'm sure it would be most effective.

Thıs ıs to everyone; ıf you have skınhead tendencies - please go away and make love wıth your turtle or whatever but leave thıs BB alone. You are not welcome here. Not such posts and neıther such methods.
Mike Gormez

Dissenter

Postby Dissenter » Fri May 12, 2006 1:50 am

I said THREATEN, not actually beat the sh*t out of anybody.

My point was that they would not mess with you if you LOOKED like a thug, regardless of whether you were one or not.

Myself, I prefer the internet...

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Fri May 12, 2006 4:20 am

I guess looking like a 'thug' does not involve wearing a suit. So they probably wouldn't want to go near you anyway! :D

Mike, I took the original post as being meant humerously - remember Dissenter comes from a country where the government tourist authority thinks a great advertising slogan to entice overseas visitors is "where the bloody hell are you?"
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

ross nolan

chilling out

Postby ross nolan » Sat May 13, 2006 12:23 am

Mike, I think it is obvious that Dissenter is being flippant at worst and just a bit 'Walter Mitty" like at best (younger viewers do a Google on that )

If a few more people had laughed at Adolf Hitler or thrown cream pies at him when he was just another 'harmless' megalomaniac (or defaced some propaganda and so perhaps drawn attention to how crazy and deluded it all really was .... ) then maybe a far greater wrong could have been avoided.

Civil disobediance and 'not turning a blind eye' have a legitimate place in defending civilized society -- look at Mahatma Gandhi for example -- the underetone with SES/SOP is quite disconcerting with the 'men in black' posted all round the venue and one can only surmise what their function really is (certainly LOOK and behave like 'bouncers' -- or the 'brownshirts' that 'monitored' earlier quasi political/religious/final solution rallies )

Your country has already decided to throw them out, for good reasons, and you personally have done a great service in exposing them and focussing the light of fact and reason on their misdoings -- that much is really great, but to actually excise the cancerous danger of such cults (where they are still practising )might at some point actually require confrontation and challenge which is what Dissenter is concerned with .

If the government is apathetic or corrupt (ask Dissenter about the history of the West Australian police force ...) and individual lives are at risk do you escape a feeling of moral responsibility or conscience by just turning away ?

Ultimately that is the question .
Skeptic

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon May 15, 2006 9:21 am

Dissenter wrote:I said THREATEN, not actually beat the sh*t out of anybody.

My point was that they would not mess with you if you LOOKED like a thug, regardless of whether you were one or not.

Myself, I prefer the internet...

I may have misunderstood your post and know you saıd threaten - but I dont lıke to see even hypothetically talk about vıolance. It serves no one and ıs only ammunıtıon for lawyers.
Mike Gormez

Return to “St James and St Vedast”