Running round biting your tails????

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Sam Hyde

Running round biting your tails????

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:52 pm

IM BORED! This isn't going anywhere!!!!
ITV this ITV that
MP this Parliament that
Cbetts this Cbetts that
BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHH
Old days this Old days that

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFE!

The school has moved on, learnt from mistakes that many of you suffered from as a result, it is a kind, loving and very differnet place!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

ET

Postby ET » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:00 pm

Oh Sam, here you go again trampling on all our feelings - not apparently realising that you are actually making the schools look worse rather than better.

I would respectfully suggest that, if you can't post anything more constructive than this, and if you are bored, then stop posting on here and go and find something more interesting to do!
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:14 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:The school has moved on, learnt from mistakes that many of you suffered from as a result, it is a kind, loving and very differnet place!

As I have said elsewhere on in this forum acknowledging the fact that St James may have changed (and I am aware that it has though nowhere near enough for my personal liking) is not what is required to right the wrongs of yester year.

If you have had a good time at St James, then that is good and I am pleased for you and I am certainly glad that you have not had to suffer the brutality or the indoctrination that we did. And in my case it was only twelve years ago not all that long.

The school has changed but this does not imply that it has learnt the lessons of the passed. Caning for example no longer exists in St James because it is against the law not because Debenham has realised that it is a form of punishment that can do real damage to children. As for David Boddy, I do not know his stance on corporal punishment, other than he can't strenuously object in any way as he did send his own kids to St James.

One thing that is still outstanding to be acknowledged by anyone in the SES or St James is the negative effects of the philosophy or meditation on children. St James, it does appear, is carrying on in its self righteous sanctimonious manner and not allowing the effects of the philosophy from the SES to be investigated either in the effect is has on the staff and their management of the school or its direct effect on the children it was inflicted on. Yes things may have changed here and the way it is taught and the way it pervades the curriculum may have changed but this still does not acknowledge that it may have had an effect on the pupils in the past. The governors and heads of St James are still not prepared to listen to those who know that it has done them harm. Also the links between the SES and St James are not clear enough, nor is the nature of the philosophy taught clear enough for prospective or current parents to make an informed decision on whether they wish their children to be taught in this manner.

Sam, it is easy to think that many of the complainants are stuck in the past, and maybe some of them are but it is certainly not many. It was what I thought when I heard about the inquiry first off being invited by Tom via friendsreunited and why I declined the invitation to start with to read what was posted here. However I judged that wrong and when I finally did come and join in here I discovered that the treatment of some individuals at St James both during my time and before has left people not stuck in the past but having to deal with the real consequences some affecting their lives today. These people deserve to be heard and they deserve to have the consequences of what they went through understood by those that perpetrated the actions on them. None of this healing process that those hurt in the past deserve has anything to do with destroying the schools today. In fact it provides a real opportunity for the school and everyone it and those who have been through it to grow possibly more than any of us can imagine. This is the message that you are missing and perhaps the one that you too need to wake and understand.

Bonsai

Free

Postby Free » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:11 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CeliaR

Postby CeliaR » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:47 pm

Deleted
Last edited by CeliaR on Wed May 17, 2006 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:51 am

Sam, you're really boring me now.

You read like a kid with ADHD laughing at a funeral.
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:57 am

learnt from mistakes

Really Sam? I guess that is why the Govenors are showing private letters to all and sundry.

"Old days"? Some of the complaints are from the 90s.

YOU "wake up and smell the coffee" - once more your posts show what self centred little shits the 'current' school is producing.
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

Return to “St James and St Vedast”