David Lacey

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:43 pm

From my - admittedly rather limited - knowledge..

There are some time limitations to civil actions - ie suing for damages.

There are however absolutely no time limitations for a criminal prosecution - whatever the alleged crime. It does not matter when the alleged crime took place (perhaps that is what is making some at the school reticent).

The police would need a formal complaint to be made to them to take action - which would involve a complainant making a statement to them detailing the criminal act. After investigation - the police would decide whether to pass the case onto the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) based on the evidence available and severity of the crime - or to drop it. The CPS would then decide whether to prosecute based on public interest and the likelihood of a conviction.

I imagine the recent case of the Police investigation following a complaint from a 40 yr old ex St J or V pupil ended when the police decided not to press a prosecution since the likelihood of a conviction was not strong enough... but thats only speculation.

Free

Postby Free » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ben W

Postby Ben W » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:34 am

Tom Grubb wrote:Isn't the SES supposed to value the Truth? Does the importance of telling the truth not apply when it might entail criticism or legal action?

Free wrote:It?s striking that after 3 teachers apologised in full and without reservation, they have been forgiven and largely dropped from further consideration on this BB, and no lawsuits filed. Maybe the vast majority of ?hardened activists? just want to be heard, have the wrongful acts and the resultant pain acknowledged, be assured the Schools? inner ethos has changed (in part evidenced by the sincerity of the apologies) and then move on with their lives.

I think that between them these two great postings may hold the key to resolving one of the biggest issues being debated on this site.

The SES needs to live up to its principles. It needs to have faith. It needs to listen and respond.

Come on SES'ers - you know these people did wrong. Help them to apologise.
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 pm

David Lacey: given your record, are you surprised that David Boddy continues to allow you to look after little children?

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:42 am

David Boddy - you should be DEEPLY ashamed.

I am going to make sure that justice is done.

Shout

Janie's got a gun

Postby Shout » Tue May 02, 2006 2:08 am

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mm-

Postby mm- » Tue May 02, 2006 8:08 am

She looked so sad and withdrawn I was moved out of my introversion

Not all of the children I have met, but the majority from St James do seem to possess this trait. Most are introverted souls. It is a very sad and fustrating thing to see. Having a conversation with some St James children is like trying to get blood out of water.

One of the reasons we chose private education was that we felt that the one to one attention and the supposedly superior education would produce confident, articulate children. How wrong we were. I only wish I could turn the clock back.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”