A simple question for David Boddy

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Ben W

Postby Ben W » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:29 pm

For me this relates to the "truth" part of Anita's thread on Truth and Reconciliation.

The most important issue is helping those abused to be heard, and to help those involved in abusing to acknowledge what was done.

The Townend report was a good step. However the rules of evidence he set resulted in much of the most important material being downplayed or even completely ignored. (Not to mention the fact that some people did not feel able to take part at all.)

What would it take for us to get such an initiative, ie a new enquiry with a more sympathetic approach to the evidence of the abused, off the ground?

As far as legal action is concerned, I will go with the flow. I do not discern a concensus here.

Sugarloaf - Wouldn't a no-win no-fee approach polarise this entire debate? I am hoping there is a better way forward than this.
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

1980sstJ

Postby 1980sstJ » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:41 pm

Have you worked out your reply yet, Mr Boddy? Or have your SES puppeteers given you your reply yet?

Shout

Master of Puppets

Postby Shout » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Last edited by Shout on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:37 pm

1980sstJ wrote
Have you worked out your reply yet, Mr Boddy? Or have your SES puppeteers given you your reply yet?
shout wrote
1980sstj, you should address your questions to, and demand replies from David Boddy's spokesperson - Katherine Watson. She has established that she is his spokesperson on this board.

One approach you could take, 1980sstJ, is to put your question formaly to the Governors - you could write to Story and Pickering, and ask them to forward David Boddy's response to you.

As they have (apparently) a formal 'reconcilliation process' in progress - they cant really ignore your letter - as long as the content is reasonable and relevant. Theyre inviting dialogue - why not try them out and see what happens?

Shout

Postby Shout » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:14 pm

Return to “St James and St Vedast”