The hole the current pupils are digging for themselves...

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Free

Postby Free » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:39 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Ok, where do I start......
With an apology maybe?? I think not, as many of you have stated this forum is made to welcome all people, past, present, future and even those who have no link with either the schools or the S.E.S. Along with these people come their personal views, which have been pasted across 5 pages on this BB. NOWHERE have I said I do not have sympathy for my predecessors neither did I say I do not believe the assaults occurred.
I think this is all getting very out of control, you speak your minds, I may disagree, I speak my mind, is that such a crime????

In response to some posts;
If any posts on this site affect his university chances....

I've already got into uni.
gingered up to 'attack the unbelievers'...

Again I stress, NO ONE put us up to this! Reason why you don?t believe us maybe because you can't believe that us 'indoctrinated' and 'brainwashed' folk can exercise free speech in our 'cult' 'cocoon' environment?

You are perfectly entitled to state your views on this board, but please try to be a little bit more sensitive.

I agree, it was OTT, remarks humbly appreciated.

The current pupils are not saying that 'everything else is wrong', they are stating what they personally have experienced, exactly as you are.

Finally! I have great respect for you 'concerned-parent' thank you for seeing through the layers and layers of tit for tat going on here (including myself!) and realizing our aim is not to belittle the old skoolers but to confirm our current position. xxxx

You can choose to believe them, or you can dismiss them because it does not fit in with your own beliefs/experiences - er, but isn't that exactly what the past pupils experienced in their time at the schools? No-one listened to them or tried to understand their reality...?

What more can I say, I LOVE YOU!

Remember, I do not deny your assaults and the horrors you had to endure, and I have no reservation in saying that we, St James 2006, benefit from what was your suffering. Don't get me wrong, it was a learning curve, just horrific that you had to be the drawing board so to speak. In that sense, we reap the ground you sewed. All our sympathies go out to you.

Love to you all,
:Fade-color
Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

The O

Postby The O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:14 pm

OK, where do I begin??? What we are saying is NOT propoganda, it is the complete and utter truth, you are obviously so scarred from your previous experiences that you are not open to the fact that places can and DO change, what can we do to prove this to you? HOW??? I am really getting annoyed with the way that you misrepresent us, how DARE you! what have WE ever done to you? How DARE you call us brainwashed, how DARE you say that we have no free speech because of our "Cocoon Environment"! HOW DARE YOU! We hav done absolutely NO wrong, we are not being insensitive, YOU ARE, why can you not accept the fact that the school has changed, and are under near to no influence from the SES, before Mr Debenham left the school, I asked him how much influence the SES had on the school, his reply was NONE, because the school and the SES broke apart, of course the school still says a pause before and after an activity, THIS DOES NOT ATTRIBUTE TO ANY BRAINWASHING. Of course we still have a philosophy lesson in school hours, but the truth is that it happens once a week, and the majority of the class pay no attention because they have their own beliefs. In assembly there are no readings from "Good Company" there are readings from many diverse texts, such as Rumi, who i have a great respect for, Mr Boddy does not tell the pupils what they mean, he gives up the job of interpreting them to the individual person, he realises that there is not one fixed way. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT FORCE THEIR BELIEFS OR PHILOSOPHIES ONTO YOU! It is quite possible to go through the school without being at all affected by the philosophy of the school. WE WERE NOT PUT UP TO THIS! WHY SHOULD WE BE??? THE STAFF BARELY LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE! WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET THIS INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS?!?!?!?!? HOW CAN WE MAKE YOU BELIVE US?!?!?!? Concerned Parent, THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE GREATEST!

Regards
Theo Gould

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:53 pm

All I can say is

"Chill Winston"

Hey did you know, "Drilling holes is boring".

lol thats what i learnt at St James, is that an oxymoron?
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

Alban

Postby Alban » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:57 pm

The O wrote:...before Mr Debenham left the school, I asked him how much influence the SES had on the school, his reply was NONE, because the school and the SES broke apart

Then he is a liar, but Mr Townend has already insinuated that anyway.

Theo, A lot of us here are perfectly willing to accept that the schools have improved immeasurably...lets face it, they can't have got worse. There will obviously be a number of reasons for that including, the law, the larger number of non-ses parents sending their children to the schools, and of course the fact that opinions of schooling has changed over the last 20-30 years and now independent schools are much more regulated than they were.

However, to claim that the SES has no influence over the day schools is a statement that will just not wash!

1) A very large majority of the teaching staff are members of the SES
2) All the governors are or have been members of the SES
3) To be a headmaster in a non-SES school, you need to have had many, many years of teaching pupils and managing school departments - obviously, this is not the case in St James.
4) The foundation group is largely filled by ex_st James pupils
5 There are so many other congruencies in beliefs, dress codes, attitudes, locations of "learning" and senior figures that it ceases to be a speculation
that the two are inexorably linked.

Please don't try and pull the wool over our eyes - we are not stupid!

Alban

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Care to elaborate dear????

locations of "learning" and senior figures

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!

"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:23 am

Hole is getting deeper. At this rate they'll end up in Australia.

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:54 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:49 am

AntonR wrote:Too Right!! ADG

Blimey!! !

Shouldn't that be "bloody hell"??? :lol

(sorry, at this stage maybe only aussies will get the joke.)

AntonR

Postby AntonR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:55 am

Post deleted
Last edited by AntonR on Wed May 17, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:32 am

Jeeze Anton - if it's good enough for Aunty to report... :)

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Hole. What hole. what have the kids got to live up to.

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:01 pm

Don't give a shit Sam. You're fine.

Stop the propoganda

what bullshit

The anti's and the pros are BOTH propoganda

YOU ARE A HERO SAM

WILDONE

Postby WILDONE » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:09 pm

Stop the propoganda
The anti's and the pros are BOTH propoganda
YOU ARE A HERO SAM

Here we go again in to a slanging match. Maybe you all should take up Sam's Idea and hit the pub.

The threads seemed to be reaching a resolution so to speak. Has it all just deccipated.

It should not be forgotten that its not about winning or loosing, but about appropriate action being taken for the correct period in time. A clear distiction needs to be made here don't you agree.

If you don't believe the students as they speak out loud and clear to you about the St james today. Why not quiz the staff? Am sure They would be happy to speak out but then again would it make a difference!!!!!!

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:07 am

Wildone - it is NOT a question of "believing" the students.

No one here is saying that the current schools are awful.

It is a question of the current students being arrogant, rude, and completely insensitive to a very personal issue. By acting this way, they make us not believe that things have changed regarding the SES-effect on the students if they can be so insensitive and emotionally callous. And when someone acts this way, you are hardly likely to listen to them with an open ear and open heart.

It is a question of the fact that the schools WERE awful and that nothing has been done about addressing the fact without pressure from past pupils, and that those who were involved or in charge are still there.

It's so simple!

Return to “St James and St Vedast”