Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
daska

Postby daska » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:27 pm

Comment removed because I'm feeling threatened by James persistant questioning of my identity and reasons for remaining anonymous
Last edited by daska on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:30 pm

Daksa I in no way wish to be offensive or to provoke you, however could you tell me why you wish to remain anonymous? Oh and I was at the school from 1998 (i think) up untill 2005, so i saw the school under both ND & DB and i must say that throughout my time i saw continuos change for the better. :Fade-color
I belive that your info about AinA may be a bit dated, because a letter is given to all children (in the senior school) who wish to attend AinA, saying they are free to come along and also there help in running the show would be gratefully recieved.
I do belive (if my memory is correct) that it used to be the case that a child would have to ask for a letter after an announcement had been made in assembly. It may be the case in your example that the child had not wished to attend and therefore had not got a letter and therefore the parents had never found out about the event.
The school never openly advetised the event to the parents, it was up to the child if he would like to go, after it was announced in assembly.
Last edited by james on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:31 pm

Sam,

Could you explain a little more about your 'campaign' (as in your thread title?) What exactly are you campaigning for?

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:36 pm

Gladly, well, James and I were talking on msn about all the current hoo-ha and it occurred to us that at the core of this forum are a solid few who campaign for their cause. Now, as lovely chappies, we thought we would do just the same and launch our own 'protective' (don?t make me go into defining our clauses again pleaaseee!!!!) So here we are, speaking out just like the others.
Hope this cleared things up a little.
ohoho and, IM USING SPELL CHECK! :D

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:39 pm

Hey sugarloaf
Its not a campaign, and sam i think maybe a change in the tittle. cool. Its mearly that present and recently departed pupils from the st james system would like to voice there experiances. Mearly to show that st james has changed in the last 20 years and has become a very good school to send children to.
I mean if you read this forum before our posts there is no way you would have sent a child to the school. So we felt the forum was damaging the current school and not just being used to voice incidents of 20 years ago.

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:40 pm

?
Last edited by james on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:40 pm

Zathura wrote: AFTER ALL THE OLD GEEZERS HERE MAKE CLAIM AFTER CLAIM AFTER CLAIM CONCERNING WHAT THE KID'S REALITY IS. IT IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT THAT THE KIDS SHOULD GET ON INDEPENDENTLY AND TELL THEM TO SHOVE IT UP THEIR ARSE.

Not only is this a misrepresentation of what is being said, but the language is abusive and crude. Furthermore, I'm not sure the many women on this site will appreciate being referred to as 'old geezers'.

Zathura wrote:The fact is apart from the teachers concerned and the governors nobody else need be sympathetic to those on this forum. Who gives a shit? Why should Sam and co be sympathetic to anyone.

Nice to see the school has abandoned teaching humanity and social ethics. My children will not be going anywhere near a school that instils such a repulsive attitude in its pupils. You should be ashamed.

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:42 pm

sorry about the double post above. Dont know what happened. :bday:

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 pm

Sam and Whitedevil - You should understand that Justice! has no connection to St James. He's got a bee in his bonnet about cults and stamps around barking out demands and orders. He's not typical.

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 pm

As a current parent I am appalled at the level of literacy displayed on this particular thread...learning how to be articulate, and arguing points without the need to be outrageously rude and impertinent is obviously not a strong point of an SES education either.

[/quote] knew of the SES link, how could I not, but for a school that?s so open about the link how strange that even Art in Action isn?t mentioned to the early years parents...?[quote]

After being at St James for a good few years I and many non-ses parents know very little about Art in Action. It is not very well publicised in the junior school. Both the Art in Action and the Gala, which is held in the summer, are basic fundraisers for the SES. It might interest people to know that ?30,000 was raised last year at the gala event, supposedly for the refurbishment of the junior school playground and for IT equipment for the Senior Girls school. Guess what? A year later the playground is still the same. There has been no new equipment (at least in the junior school playground). I wonder where the money has gone?

Let me tell you a funny little story about the Gala event last summer;

On this particular hot summers evening a group of parents sat and made a promise. The cost of this was spread among the couples and each of them then paid separately with their credit cards. Statements came through for each and none of them recognised a particular transaction, which stated 'School of Economic Science'. Thinking that this was a fraudulent transaction on their accounts a few rang their banks and queried this. The banks could not clarify who this School of Economic Science was. The parents themselves had never heard of this group. To their dismay it was later found that the SES actually runs and is affiliated to St James and that they money pledged does not go to St James directly but into the accounts of the School of Economic Science first. What happens to the money after is anyone?s guess, judging by the state of the junior school playground my guess is that it accrues interest in the accounts of the School of Economic Science.

My point is why would any parent want to spend their hard earned money on a cult they know very little or nothing about and one which the school quite clearly prefers to hide from new parents.

daska

Postby daska » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm

I have deliberate removed all my posts on this thread because I'm feeling threatened by James persistant questioning of my identity and reasons for remaining anonymous.

I had been trying to be constructive and informative but it is obvious that while the current sixth form etc at St James are quite happy to write, sometimes quite agressively they are not prepared to read and respect the opinions and experiences of others.

I doubt I will return to this board

james

Postby james » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:54 pm

Im just reposting a post i made in another thread.

The senior boys spend a huge amount on money on IT! Im not sure what it is like now but when i left they had over 30 mac ibooks that any pupil could sign out for the day. They had a number of dell desktops, a mac Xserve which powered a 2mbps wireless internet all around the school so pupils could acess the internet wherever they were. The english room had a 30inch plasma TV, the french room had frence sky tv. and the maths room had an interactive white board so the teachers scriblings could be printed off at the end of each lesson (using a wireless laser jet). Thats just the senior boys.

Daska if you come back to read this, like i said before i in no way wished to insult or provoke you, and I was being sincere, I am sorry if I did. I mearly presented the information I had to the argument, and if you feel it was presented in an agressive way it was not meant to be like that.

sparks

Postby sparks » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:20 am

WOW!

The senior boys spend a huge amount on money on IT! Im not sure what it is like now but when i left they had over 30 mac ibooks that any pupil could sign out for the day. They had a number of dell desktops, a mac Xserve which powered a 2mbps wireless internet all around the school so pupils could acess the internet wherever they were. The english room had a 30inch plasma TV, the french room had frence sky tv. and the maths room had an interactive white board so the teachers scriblings could be printed off at the end of each lesson (using a wireless laser jet). Thats just the senior boys.

Sounds like your average London comprehensive!

james

Postby james » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:24 am

Thats the point, were not trying to make it sound like some super school, just that its not as out dated as some are trying to make out. If it sounds like the IT department of a avarage london comp. then surely its on the right tracks.

sparks

Postby sparks » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 am

The point is not how many computers the Senior schools now have its ...

1. WHY HAV'NT THE GOVERNORS (THE FIVE WHO ALLOWED THE ABUSE) RESIGNED?

2. WHY ARE TEACHERS WHO ABUSED STILL EMPLOYED AT THE SCHOOLS?

3. WHY ARE SOME CURRENT PARENTS STILL SAYING THEY WERE NOT TOLD OF THE SES?

Its not hardened activists damaging MY school and YOUR school - its the Schools themselves - by refusing to take action and instead attacking and misrepresenting those they abused.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”