Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
Keir

Postby Keir » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Dear Sam Hyde,

How little you know and how loudly you proclaim it!

Is it strength of character that means that you tell people whom you have never met, who have gone through a journey you have no inkling of, who quite possibly provided the groundwork through their suffering for your improved conditions - to get over it?

No, it is ignorant, sheep-mentality defence of an organisation you probably love in place of your parents. If you have already stopped listening and learning now, what hope for a shelf stacking job? Most of them are taken by undergraduates and foreign students with better standards of literacy than you Sam.

Stick that in your arrogant, ignorant, militant pipe and smoke it!

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:49 pm

great stuff lads!

Firstly I really enjoyed reading your replies, provided me with a good laugh. I appologise for my grammarrrrrr and spelin hehehe I spend my life on msn and surprisingly enough to you as well as myself, I got an A/B lit/language despite not finishing the set texts before I sat the exams and not knowing my ass from my wlbow when it came to grammar. I have thruthfully only good old st. james to thank for my literacy and numeracy dissabilities and as im sure you would appreciate trying to learn your 9 X tables in front of a class in floods of tears whilst ducking flying caligraphy boards and rubbers is challenging to say the least.
None the less, that was 12 year ago, good old CR.

Thankyou alban for your kind reply, I appreciate where your coming from and can relate to the freedom of mind and willfullness you described as something i posess at the moment.

Note to all:
1) I am not a member of the funny farm (I was but now consider myself to be a gonner)
2) I am neither a product of an 'S.E.S coccoon' controlled environment....those who know me will appreciate this, those who dont, take my word.
3) I thankyou for your correspondance...is it wiht an 'e' who knows...I DONT! forgive my crap grammar.
4) I humbly eat my words about the 30 yr ago, a typo.
5) If i handed this essay in, I would have all the spelin correct as I would have used our computers and Spell Check. Just goes goes to show how easy it is to avoid a beating these days, hey? Or if the worse came to the worse......god forbid: A YELLOW CARD...EEEEKKKKK

peace out guys. xoxo
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

whitedevil

I will stand and fight

Postby whitedevil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:53 pm

I am also a current pupil of St James. Firstly i must say i sympathise with the people who are genuinley scarred by the events of twenty years ago. However, if you look at the school today, this "indoctrination" just isn't the case. I am not an SES member. I have never been asked to be. The majority of the time I don't even pause before lessons. I'm perfectly normal. I go out and have a good time same as every other teenager i know. I don't meditate. My lifestyle has never been an issue to the school. The only thing i have to put up with is singing, which is hardly a hardship. I invite all of you that claim to be scarred by St James to face your demons as it were. Come and spend a day with us. you'll find the school quite different to how you left it i assure you. Just a short while in the sixth form will show you that we're average human beings who haven't been pressured by the SES to do anything. Im sorry you weren't allowed to be yourselves but I am. And it distresses me to see you try to bring us down. For the people who hurt you have little to do with me and my school. Im sorry but your world just doesn't exist anymore
freedom wears your scars of desire

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:03 am

Keir,
Thank you for your heart felt reply, truly brought a tear to my eye!

I have read yards and yards of waht you lot talk of, no where have I denied it was terrible, that which has been proven. My aim is to clear the name of my current school which, I do not deny is the product of many years hit and miss, excuse the punn. As i appear to have offended you and this was not my aim, I appologise, I'm just finding my niche here.

However;
Read carefully and you will find that I am not 'Sheepishly' defending the funny farm! I have publically spoken out against it, and do not consider myself as a 'follower' or 'pupil' withdraw this comment please.
Secondly,
Do NOT assume that through your mental instability I am dissilusioned as well enough to 'Love (the ses) in place of my own parents' you hvae NO IDEA what my life is like, neither do i need to waste my time justifying my thoughts and feelings to you. Read my posts, listen to what im saying, do I sound like I've stopped listening and learning, I find your attitude very condescending and assumptions about my life and character insulting.

Lock you doors coz here come the 'militant' army of indoctrinated pupils that you accuse us to be.

All the best, Sam
[/quote]

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:36 am

What is more shocking is that the school seems to be actively recruiting young, inexperienced and heavily indoctrinated pupils to fight its front line battles for it.

nilsabm, you have NO idea honnestly mate.
Lets break it down: 'actively recruiting' Really? Well thanks for informing me coz i wasnt aware that i just exercised my freedom of choice to come on here and try to spread some light on these CURRENT issues.
'young' maybe, 18 is a good age
'inexperienced' in life maybe, but with panache as per usual for an 18yo, I know enough to comment on my 14 years of 'indoctrination'
'heavily indoctrinated' As soon as i had the sence to listen, my ears pricked up at the sound of...something from the adwaita thing....I challenged it, discarded it, formed my own strong opinions of it all and consider myself in a position to bite life's bullet and deal with as you say 'the real world' coz stacking shelves at tescos aint my thing as im not not foreign or polish! No thats a bit below the belt but anyway LISTEN TO WAHT YOUR SAYING! how can we be indoctrinated blind sheep if we decide to come on here say what we want, hell i could just gun the funny farm, however im not protecting it, I am my school though!
As much as you might proclaim, the SES has very little to do with the running oft he school now, yes the govenors are head sheds but that doesnt rub off on the minds of every innocent boy there! Ask them about it and 90% won't have a clue what your on about, its no secret! as the 'ethos' is all around us if you listen. But just as water falls off a duck's back, so does the 'indoctrination' we recieve on a 'day to day bassis' Thats why no one cares to take heed, sorry Boddy if your reading this but its true!
solution: COME AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
PLEASE!
sam xox

whitedevil

i agree

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:49 am

If you gentleman are really after a solution, then i suggest you come and see us. Im sure it would enlighten you to the acceptance and freedom we have at St James. And im not talking about freedom of your soul or any of that crap, I'm talking about the freedom to live as we please. What little SES banter gets thrown around by the "die hards" these days gets cast aside. and when we pause of meditate or anything, i sit with my eyes open, or read. and i have never been challenged. youv'e had the courage to come forward about the atrocities. now have the courage to come and face the innocents you are destroying with your spite.

If you are genuinely interested, email me at joscha@hotmail.co.uk
im seriously looking for a solution, are you?

Planet

Re: Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2

Postby Planet » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 am

-Removed by me-
Last edited by Planet on Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keir

Postby Keir » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 am

Sam Hyde,

I stand by what I said.

Re-read my post if you need to but I never said you were a pupil or a follower of SES.

Your denial of everything that is unproved (I presume you mean by a QC) shows remarkable similarities to the press release that passed for an apology by the governors of your school. So much for independence of thought by the way. What it also illustrates is a complete unfamiliarity of the reality of controlling behaviour. But as this took me some time to learn after leaving both St James and the SES I wont expect you to grasp it that easily now either.

Have some respect for the fact that most of the posters on this forum have spent a great deal of time trying to sort out the value of their education from what was wrong, insidious, and now after many years has been decared illegal. That you have got such a vastly different student support structure in place is of great comfort to me and was almost certainly a direct result of the Standard articles and the impact that the highly critical Hounam/Hogg book had on the running of St James as well as the SES. The fact that the world has got better at knowing how to prevent abuse is also a factor, as is change of personnel.

If, as you claim to have done, you had kept abreast of what was being written on this board you would realise that there is a broad range of opinion ranging from tearing down both the SES and St James to doing nothing. I don't personally seek to destroy St James, but the governors aren't being asked to do anything that any other school governors wouldn't have to do under the circumstances either. They didn't do their job so we are asking them to resign. There are teachers that are still teaching at St J that I have personal memory of taking part in the brutality that went on in ST James when I was there. We are asking that if they were found to have taken part by James Townend then it is the governors job to remove them from the teaching staff in order to safeguard the pupils and hopefully give them the impetus to seek counselling help and anger management classes.

I am sure you find it incredulous that people who to you seem kindly old gentlemen to whom you have given your respect could ever have been violent to children. If you have never experienced it for yourself then hooray for progress, or maybe it is that there is now a proper support structure in place to prevent such violence being expressed and then covered up as it was in my childhood. Maybe you would find it illuminating to look at http://www.iirep.com/Report/PB2.htm the caning record Mr Debenham kept to help you understand what you avoided. A conspicuous absentee from that book is the two whole classes he caned for one person talking out of turn (even he admitted that was a 'mistake') but it was noted by Townend.

Your combative style of writing brought about a variety of responses from dismissive to nurturing, so I wont apologise for being caustic about your anger and your lack of understanding. Maybe if you stop being dismissive of everything you don't understand you will get a different response. You don't know me in the same way that I dont know you. But I don't need to know you to insult you, or vice versa.

Whitedevils response was much less obviously combative but equally short of understanding on the motives for the actions that we are taking.

Whitedevil,

We have already faced our demons, and this bulletin board is one thing that has come out of that process. You have no demons? - Lucky you. You dont see anything wrong with your schooling? Wait a while, dont be so ready to dismiss the experience of those on this board.

If the school was so healthy why has it not acted honorably from the outset? Why did it take them so long to set up an enquiry? Why do they find it so hard to be gracious in admitting their past mistakes? Hardly school destroying stuff, but a little naughty whilst claiming to bring out the best in children, and being a centre of excellence.

If you have no experience of being cajoled into the SES, great! Why would you worry if it doesn't exist anymore about press interest? What have you to fear about openess? The demands of SESSA are much less radical than you seem to believe. There are even posters on this forum that have tried enrolling their children at St James after their own bad experiences, who have said that a lot of improvement has taken place but that there is still a worrying incapacity to deal healthily with emotion in the school. As they are caring parents they removed their child as they deemed it harmful to the child to grow up in that environment. Hardly an advert for a happy progressive school in this day and age.

So we cannot all be painted with the bitter reactionary brush, nor characterised as fifth columnists trying to raze the school to the ground. That impression can only come from not listening properly to what is being said. Something that was in evidence then and is now in your posts and others from current St J pupils.

It is also a characteristic of a militant state of mind.

Maybe if the school now subscribes to a one world family philosophy then I am the child you would rather deny existed, but no amount of laughing at me, ridiculing me or dismissing me will make me dissapear. Get over it!

Free Thinker

Postby Free Thinker » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:12 am

He means "yours". There are some people (mostly in their early teens) who substitute the letter "u" anytime the world "u" appears. As in "this is what u want 2 hear". They also substitute "2" for "two" and "r" for "are". It is incredibly annoying. But there u R. :crazyeyes:

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:03 am

Free Thinker wrote:He means "yours". There are some people (mostly in their early teens) who substitute the letter "u" anytime the world "u" appears. As in "this is what u want 2 hear". They also substitute "2" for "two" and "r" for "are". It is incredibly annoying. But there u R. :crazyeyes:

Thanks. That had dawned on me a bit later so I have removed my question. Just in case any one is wondering, i was asking what "urs" means as used in the topic.

I feel so old :silly:
Mike Gormez

Justice

Our Campaign against URS

Postby Justice » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 am

Keir said:

There are teachers that are still teaching at St J that I have personal memory of taking part in the brutality that went on in ST James when I was there.

Is anyone prepared to start 'naming names' of anyone who was allegedly guilty of "criminal assault" against pupils at St. James who is still teaching at St. James today?

You could always start a new thread and invite others to add to the list.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:00 am

Sam Hyde and Whitedevil - calm down a moment and listen. Keir has probably presented it most completely so far. Take note. St James schools will not live or die from what is being said on this BB. But the sins of the fathers.... etc is in operation. That takes time to work through.
While we're waiting why not ask Mr Boddy why the governors (1975-85)
have not yet resigned? That would show true contrition on their part. This is a time for humility not for defiance.

whitedevil

Postby whitedevil » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 am

Stanton,

I have never been abused at St James. The closest i ever got was a rugby ball thrown at me by Mr Cook (which i proptly threw at his head). If it will prove to you that we are serious about a solution then I will endeavour to raise the question. I have a better idea though. Why don't you come with me? If you are dedicated to resolving this, surely your presence would help
Last edited by whitedevil on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Thankyou all for your remarks, Keir especially, occasionally I do apprecciate having my head pulled out my ass. I realise the need for more rational conversation and when I get home this evening I will indulge.
I'm at school at the moment on the COMPUTERS! I will re-iterate this evening my intentions as I have blurred the edges of my campaign a little to much. I do NOT deny the past assault, however i can not comment on what was not prooved. Ive lost my train of thought so I'll pick it up this evening, untill then,

good day.

Stanton

Postby Stanton » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Best wishes to Mr Cook - a good chap! I'd like to take up your challenge to meet Mr Boddy to discuss the need for the governors to resign. But would he want to meet me?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”