Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
The O

Postby The O » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:42 pm

Sorry to interupt, but...
I would just like to clear up this whole issue with pausing, it may be outdated in your current conversation, but I've written it and am not going to delete it.
All pausing is, is sitting down with eyes closed and back straight, saying "To the Lord, a bow" in Sanskrit, is this so criminal? It does not mean a bow to "Lord Lambie" or "Darth Maclaren" it is just a simple dedication of the actions of an activity to what is to come. If you did not want your child exposed to these kind of things, why on earth did you send your child to this school? The prospectus clearly states what the school is about, did you choose to ignore it. Don't you think a small period of calm is good for a group of young, hyperactive, children to sit down and be still for a moment? I should know, I have a 7 year old brother in St James, school is the only place where he behaves properly. I have been in this school since 1994, I have turned out completely fine, I achieved good GCSEs, I have a good social life with people mainly outside of St James, mainly girls at that. I find that in all other schools that I have come accross in London, there has been a huge drug problem. They cannot expel students as our school does, because everone does drugs! Be it marajuana or stronger, they all have a drug problem, I'm not saying that this makes them bad people, although it can quite easily change a person's character more than the early years of St Vedast and St James. We do not have a drug problem, I can say it proudly WE DO NOT HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM. This isn't because we expel all the druggies, it's because there is no drug use in St James, and if there is, there is very very little, I am very well informed on this as I am friendly with many people in the upper half of the senior school. This is by the by. The point I am trying to make is that the SES is only a cult to those that are blind, to those that can only see the exterior of things. Why call the SES a cult if you've never been a part of it? I am a part of it and I can say that it is most definately not a cult. I should know what a cult is because I now have the leader of a cult living behind me in a huge house in Hampstead, I shan't mention the name. I have met them, they are very nice, of course, but they are nothing like the SES people, THEY are brainwashed, the elders speak in an almost monotonous tone as they offer us a beer on bonfire night, as they crowd around their, what seemed to be, religious circle. This is lit by flamed torches, oooo how very creepy it was, hahahaaa. When we ask who now owns the house, they can only acknowledge him as the "Englishman." THIS is a description of a cult and there is no way that you can call the SES a cult compared to this, and I haven't even got going about their ritualistic initiations, like making people walk on hot coals and leaving them outside in the freezing cold for days on end, and their worship of a sole leader of the "clan" as they call themselves, it is a secret society, which the SES is most definately not, they have massive advertisements all over London. I am sorry, no, the SES is not a cult. It does not control our school, and that is that.

I have known many people that pass through this school, I have not known one of them to be "brainwashed" especially by pausing at the beginning and end of every activity. Please, I urge you not to continue this damned argument. I am only fighting for what I believe to be right, we have proved you wrong on a number of times, many of you haven't even seen the school after corporal punishment was thrown out. Parent, I honestly respect your views, you see both sides of the argument, thank you for being so unbiased in your opinion. Please can we all put this behind us? We have no reason to be going at each others necks, especially when we are so outnumbred.

Regards
Theo Gould

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:48 pm

Parent

A very good friends father is a hypnotherapist so I am familier with the practices. I Therefore understand your concern but I am slightly sceptical about a 4-10 year olds body going into a trance like state, hell they could never get me to sit still!
If they did, I think the message of "love, mercy & truth" is a good one to be planting in a subconcious.
I do not wish to shout you down but i dont think a 20 second pause is quite hypnotherapy.
I do not blame you of being sceptical of the pause, the system has been abused greatly in the past but i think is used correctly it can be very benificial for child and teacher.
An example being athletes pausing before an event, not to say OM PARAMAT MANAY NAMA! but just to get themselves mentaly ready, still themselves etc.

PS theo mate, its not an argument. Where discussing how the system could be improved.
Last edited by james on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 pm

OK Theo.

I respect your view point. If you feel it is good for you and feel strongly about it, my opinion does not matter since it does not affect me anymore.

Good luck to all of you and I genuinely wish you all well. There is a wonderful future out there for all of you. Do your best and live to the fullest.

Good wishes.

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:51 pm

The O wrote:This is utterly absurd! You have taken this to the NEXT LEVEL! Right, lets get some things straight.
1. The junior schools do not meditate.

Maybe the St James junior schools only pause and don't meditate, but other SES junior schools actually advertise the use of meditation as a feature of their curriculum in the mass media.

Check the page and photo (used in a recent press ad) at http://www.erasmus.vic.edu.au/index.php?module=Website&action=Text&content=1121316004546-0746&parentContent=1118897550156-5165

"Meditation is also offered to the children. This voluntary practice has been found to bring peace of mind, happiness and inner strength."

This school follows the St James Curriculum and is staffed by SES / SOP people.

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:52 pm

God bless you Parent, thanks for the support. Good night all!!! :angel: time to talk to the angels :angel:

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:58 pm

Goblinboy

i feel the key words in your quote,

"Meditation is also offered to the children. This voluntary practice has been found to bring peace of mind, happiness and inner strength."

are OFFERED & VOLUNTARY

nobody is forcing the kids to do meditation

PS parent, let me know what you think about the post i sent just before your last one.
thanks

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:01 am

james wrote:
nobody is forcing the kids to do meditation

James,

Agree. It's quite different to the approach at St James (according to Theo Gould), where meditation is not offered at the Junior Schools.

Cheers,

GB.

james

Postby james » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:07 am

I do agree.

Meditation, to the best of my knoledge, is not offered untill the age of 10 or 11 it the UK. The story however seems different in the southern hemiphere wher it seems to be offered at 8 or 9. I have know idea why the is this difference.

The O

Postby The O » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:11 am

Well, I was in the junior school, I do not remember meditating once. My sister was int he junior school, she does not remember meditating once, and my brother is now in the junior school and he doesn't remember meditating once. How do we explain this strange phenomenon? Perhaps it is different around the globe... We are introduced to meditation at the age of 11, thats Year 7, they make a big fuss about this age, as they believe it to be the best age to be introduced into it.

Maybe not an argument James, but there are still people talking against each other and I didn't mean just now, I meant the whole damn thing.

Regards
Theo Gould

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:18 am

james wrote: I have know idea why the is this difference.

Me too. Can only surmise that the Aus and NZ schools follow St James lead, but there's some lag time in implementing changes.

My expererience with SES people in Aus was that they were, to put it politely, extremely deferential to London and would imitate wherever possible . Unusual, for Australians, who are not overly fond of authority figures (makes sweeping generalisation, ducks for cover).

james

Postby james » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:22 am

OK
Ive just talked to the Headmaster of Ficino about this.

At Ficino they offer meditation to the class when ALL members of the class have turned 10. This means they are offering Meditation to Primary students, In NZ secondary is at 11.
In the UK they also offer meditation at 10 but because st james pupils start secondary at age 10 meditation is not offered to primary pupils.

Hope that has helped clear it all up!

Sorry for my confused info earlier. That was based on my experience which is now a little clouded. This is now based on fact.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:07 am

The O wrote:All pausing is, is sitting down with eyes closed and back straight, saying "To the Lord, a bow" in Sanskrit, is this so criminal? It does not mean a bow to "Lord Lambie" or "Darth Maclaren" it is just a simple dedication of the actions of an activity to what is to come.

No Theo, that is not criminal, but the ideology behind it is not transparent to parents. To this very day it is downright denied by the governers when they state "There is no 'doctrine' taught at the St James Schools" -- http://www.iirep.com/page11.htm

Which is clearly false. Lying is a hallmark of a cult. But this has been stated before. By the way, the governors have chosen to make quoting of the text as hard as possible. They refuse to remove the childish script which prevents copy & paste.

The O wrote:Why call the SES a cult if you've never been a part of it?

I've never done heroine and still can tell you it is bad sh*t. Police officers don't steal money (well, they shouldn't) but they recognize a thief.

The O wrote:THIS is a description of a cult and there is no way that you can call the SES a cult compared to this, and I haven't even got going about their ritualistic initiations, like making people walk on hot coals and leaving them outside in the freezing cold for days on end, and their worship of a sole leader of the "clan" as they call themselves, it is a secret society, which the SES is most definately not, they have massive advertisements all over London

Cults come in many forms, there can be even political cults. I agree the SES advertises a lot -- do they already state that only a particular brand of philopsy is teached or are they still misleading? -- but strangely they don't advertise for the Hindu initiation ritual, the money SES/SoES wants you to bring and that it entails kneeling before the image of a Guru (Shankaracharya?) and promising loyalty to the depicted unknown man. How is that for a secret society?
Mike Gormez

Abel Holzing

Postby Abel Holzing » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:20 pm

mgormez wrote:By the way, the governors have chosen to make quoting of the text as hard as possible. They refuse to remove the childish script which prevents copy & paste.

Do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat? If yes, go to FILE - CREATE PDF - FROM WEBPAGE. Once you have a pdf version of the website, you can copy / paste text from within the pdf document.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:05 pm

Thanks Abel. Daffy has posted the text of the report here for ease of use:
http://www.whyaretheydead.net/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=377

I was referring to it again, because I can't see what advantage the governors hoped to gain from such a silliness. Mrs. Betts has passed on my request to get rid of the protection weeks ago but no action taken.

It is immature at best.
Mike Gormez

james

Postby james » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 pm

Maybe it is because he didn't want people copying and pasting only specific parts of the text, to make the report on the schools sound worse, or better, than it actualy is. We all know words can mean very different things when taken out of context.

Just a thought

Return to “St James and St Vedast”