Our Campaign against urs, Parents THIS is what u want 2 hear

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:50 pm

1. I did not say meditate, I said Pause

2. I did not say meditate, i said pause.

3. Yes. It is compulsory. FACT - my child is not a liar - neither are the 20 others..

4. Nobody spoke about Philosophy, nor art.

I personally, do not wish to damgae your school. But find myself unable to step aside and be a bystander when I KNOW for a fact that the modus operandi of cults has been administered on children until very recently.

I would like to see current children and future children protected and not harmed. My child was exposed to this beacuse of my stupidity. If your outfit is REALLY changing, then it is great.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Theo, what happened in your school in the 70s and 80s was most definitely NOT corporal punishment. It was in fact criminal assault on children from as young as 4 and a half. That is to say criminal assault by 70s/80s standards, let alone today's. Not only have there been numerous accounts and testimonies of this littered throughout this website for the last 2+ years, but Townend also concluded this in his inquiry report. In order for this discussion to move on to the many other important areas, you first really need to fully grasp and accept this most basic of facts. Otherwise we're all just wasting our breath.
Last edited by Matthew on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:03 pm

Parent

Could you please answer two questions.
1 - Did your child attend the senior school?
2 - When did he attend. (If you do not wish to give a year/s then "recently or a long time ago" will do)

Answering these questions will let me give you an answer.
thanks
Im in a cult? You think? Don't worry the spaceships will be coming soon.

daska

Postby daska » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:12 pm

mm wrote:
Can assure you that the pause is still alive and kicking in the junior schools. Parent, MM, care to back me up on this.

Daska,

Can confirm this. Please see my other posts.

James

mm is a parent of a child in the school and this was posted on page 14 of this thread.

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Sure James.

My child was in Junior School - very recently!

mm-

Postby mm- » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 pm

FYI

It has come to my attention that children who do not pause correctly are being told that they will be sent to the headmasters office for pausing lessons!!!

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:56 pm

Daska
I was asking parent whether the child was in the junior or senior school. Which wasn't confirmed, thanks for being so helpful.

Parent
Thanks for clearing that up, yes pausing (or at least closing your eyes!) is compulsory in the junior schools. Although mm's claims of children being sent to the headmasters office for pausing lessons I have never heard of. However I do remember that if we didn't have our eyes closed we just had to sit there until we all did, consequently pauses could take a very long time! (I went through the junior school in Leeds)
So yes your child was right!

The talk on pauses etc. was aimed at the senior school I believe. Where the pause is dropping into disuse

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:02 pm

Thanks James.

This indeed is more worrying. Senior school pausing... less harmful!

Junior school compulsory pausing smells of control tactics and subtle control tactics from an early age.

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 pm

That is pretty much what they use it as, although not in such a bad way as it sounds!

It is used to make the children quiet before the next activity so the teacher can have a seconds respite and it just gets the children calm. This I can agree is a good idea.

Some teachers however abuse this (especialy the oldschool SES ones) and use it as a chance to discipline the children or drip them some SES rubbish, which isn't right. Especialy if the children are reprimanded for not pausing correctly.

At least were singing from the same hymn sheet on this one!

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 pm

Thank you for your honesty James.

That sounds about right. The SES jargon in the WRONG hands can be quite dodgy. I just felt very saddened when I heard that some really tiny ones were told off for not pausing correctly and felt intimidated.

Am glad to hear that it is optional in Senior School. Can you get rid of it in the junior Schools too?

Could be a start!

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:20 pm

Parent

During my GAP year I am spending a short time helping at FICINO. (A junior school of the St James family) Here they are dropping the pause in the traditional sense. They still come still at the end of each lesson, like I said just to calm the pupils, but then the teacher will say something productive, I was stood in a lesson today and the teacher said "To Love, Mercy and Truth." Which I feel is more productive and more relevant in today?s world.

I hope you agree.

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Sounds good.

james

Postby james » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:28 pm

You don't sound too convinced. Would you be happier if the whole system were removed?

BoeingDriver

Postby BoeingDriver » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Must be lunchtime at Ficino.

Methinks it's time for mine.

parent

Postby parent » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 pm

I genuinely do not disagree. I would naturally prefer to see the entire pausing concept undone.

When a mind and body is still (it is in a semi-trance like state) subtle messages can be planted and it opens the school up for criticism.

If you ever visit a hypnotherapy session, they ask you to be still and plant subtle messges into your subconcience.

Hence the hesitancy in accepting it. Given the "track record"of cults...can you blame me?

Return to “St James and St Vedast”