i dont mean to sound silly but....

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
m_v

i dont mean to sound silly but....

Postby m_v » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:32 am

hey im a (new) old boy of st james at twickenham i left after the place just got too much for me... unfortunatly my brother is still there so i manage to keep up to date with things going on but what recently came to my attention was the letter sent about the enquiry (which i assume everyone knows about).. but what really amazes me is that its about the st vedast years and NOT st james recently... i have been apart of that school for about 5 or 6 years and the constant shit (in regards to crap teachers, bullying ect) i had to personally put up with along with many others has been rediculous.... i can give you countless examples if their ignorance and mistreating of boys at the school... is seems to me that the school seem only interested in one thing and thats keeping up attendance for the extra cash!

i think that others who have been part of the school from the twickenham years (past and presant) should make their voices heard

gadflysdreams

Postby gadflysdreams » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:43 am

Doesn't sound silly at all, but if you have things to contribute about more recent issues at St. James, Twickenham, then you should indeed give the examples - the facts that is. There is nothing to fear, and many might benefit from hearing what life is like there more recently.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:20 am

Makes sense to me, too.

chrisdevere

Sounds like things have not changed!

Postby chrisdevere » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:04 pm

I was shooting in Perth at the weekend and over dinner was asked about my schooling. i recounted the terrible story of St Vedast. But without namiong the school, A young friend of my cousins asked if I was talking about St James as her x boyfriend had gone there. She met him at St Andrews. From what she told me, a weekend with parents and SES members showed that their attitude towards women and non SES members does not appear to have changed at all.

Tom if you still would like a statment from me about my years at St vedast get in touch again.

Regards

Chris
Christopher de Vere
chrisdevere@hotmail.com

Return to “St James and St Vedast”