List of affilated schools

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
mgormez

List of affilated schools

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:09 am

I think I'll make a page with all the SES affilated schools.

AUSTRALIA
Erasmus School - Melbourne
Web www.erasmus.vic.edu.au

NEW ZEALAND
Ficino School - Auckland
Web www.ficino.school.nz

ENGLAND
The Alcuin School - Leeds
Web www.alcuin.freeserve.co.uk

St. James - London
Junior/Senior Boys and Girls
Web www.stjamesschools.co.uk

IRELAND
John Scottus School - Dublin
Web www.johnscottus.ie

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
The Abraham Lincoln School - New York
Web www.abrahamlincolnschool.org

SOUTH AFRICA
St. James Preparatory School for Boys & Girls
Johannesberg
Mike Gormez

ANON

Postby ANON » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:44 pm

What is the point of this thread? THere isn't much to discuss.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:08 pm

ANON wrote:What is the point of this thread? THere isn't much to discuss.

I think it is worthwhile to know under what names and where the schools are located. This is by the way public information I gained from their websites.

Later I'll transfer them my static page on SES.
Mike Gormez

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:54 pm

I think it's very worthwhile. It's certainly helped me in my research!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:34 am

Here's another one in Australia - the John Colet School in Sydney.
http://johncolet.nsw.edu.au/index.html

What they study in history is interesting - ancient civilisations - that is SO pertinant. (scarcasm warning)

Australian history IS studied, but ONLY since white settlement. Guess they still beleive that old chestnut about "terra nullius". I'm sure John Howard would love these schools - they don't mention those darn pesky Aboriginals.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:33 am

Anonymous wrote:Here's another one in Australia - the John Colet School in Sydney.
http://johncolet.nsw.edu.au/index.html

This fellow is pretty candid:

Ross Farrelly wrote:I am currently teaching at John Colet School, Sydney, a primary school run by the School of Philosophy...

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives ... 09634.html

Here he explains "Vedic Mathematics"
http://tinyurl.com/yvyd4
Mike Gormez

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:
What they study in history is interesting - ancient civilisations - that is SO pertinant. (scarcasm warning)

Ancient civilisations are not to be considered irrevelent... for they do hold a lot of importance. I see there being no point in such scarcasm.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:20 pm

mgormez wrote:
Here he explains "Vedic Mathematics"
http://tinyurl.com/yvyd4

I think everyone should learn vedic maths! It's just so clever, and quite enjoyable if you enjoy numbers :evilbat: !

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:26 pm

Tom Grubb wrote:I think it's very worthwhile. It's certainly helped me in my research!

May I ask what is the purpose for your research... im quite intriguied...

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:35 pm

Erasmus is a school that is unique in every way. Here we are given the option of meditation and opportunities to pause which helps to still the mind.
Shanthakumar Bannirchelvam, age 12, 2000

One of the beauties of all the SES affliliated schools.

bella

Postby bella » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:59 am

Some of you would probably be interested to know that the Introductory Philosophy courses have been somewhat revised, at least in Australia - the first lecture sees mention of the possibility of taking meditation at a later time, as well as reference to origins in Eastern religion. You'll also notice that John Colet School's website quotes the Bhagavad Gita, the Bible, and the Upanishads in its "About Us" section.

Ross Farrelly is indeed a candid fellow, as are most of his counterparts. Ideas that SES-affiliated schools are necessarily covert and conspiratorial in their attempts to brainwash unsuspecting youngsters and their parents may be a little blinkered.

mgormez

The Renaissance School, Trinidad

Postby mgormez » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:25 pm

There's also one in Trinidad, this page says:
http://www.stjamesschools.co.uk/v2/about2.htm

The Renaissance School, Trinidad
Mike Gormez

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:18 am

Ancient civilisations are not to be considered irrevelent... for they do hold a lot of importance. I see there being no point in such scarcasm.

For PRIMARY school? Give us a break! And Shakespeare? There is no point teaching things to kids they are not old enough to understand - or you are doing is creating parrots that can sprout stuff. It is a wank!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:40 pm

a different guest wrote:

For PRIMARY school? Give us a break! And Shakespeare? There is no point teaching things to kids they are not old enough to understand - or you are doing is creating parrots that can sprout stuff. It is a wank!

I did not go to the junior/[primary school afflited with the SES, however my freinds recount fond memories of greek myths they had learnt about. It's almost like story telling however with more class!... Mind you that is when I wished I had gone to the primary school.... as I remember Rosie and Jim stories were not in the least challenging nor interesting!

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:57 am

Anonymous wrote:I did not go to the junior/[primary school afflited with the SES, however my freinds recount fond memories of greek myths they had learnt about. It's almost like story telling however with more class!... Mind you that is when I wished I had gone to the primary school.... as I remember Rosie and Jim stories were not in the least challenging nor interesting!

"Class" - it strikes me "class" is core to the SES - after all it IS a home grown British cult where the class system is all.

Why is a greek myth "classier" than other forms of story telling? I don't know "rosie and jim" but my kids are exposed to a wide range of stories and readers - anything from Dreamtime stories to JK Rowling to local authors with wonderfully titled books like The Day my Bum went Psycho

They also hear a wide range of music, not just the accepted "classy" Mozart.

Living in an egalitarian society I find the whole class thing offensive.

Return to “St James and St Vedast”