EXPERIENCES AT ST. VEDAST (now St. James) AND THE S.E.S

Discussion of the children's schools in the UK.
observer

Re: EXPERIENCES AT ST. VEDAST (now St. James) AND THE S.E.S

Postby observer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am

Hi ET,

I'm very sorry to hear how much it has affected you and your family even to this day. I hope I haven't caused more anguish to you by posting on this thread which has been inactive since 2011, and causing you to think back on these negative events.

I know it is not easy to forget and "get over" such a traumatic experience. Even apologies by the perpetrators will not help keep the hurt and anger away fully. While I was shocked to hear of the abuse on boys, I am further disturbed to learn that the abuse extended to girls in different ways as well. This is, and was, clearly unacceptable.

Our society (today, at least, and in most places) condemns all forms of child abuse, and you and your sibling have my utmost support. I hope you and your sibling will find comfort along the way, and I trust this forum has been a helpful avenue to air your views and find common support among victims of similar abuse.

I wish you nothing but the very best.

ET

Postby ET » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Thank you! This forum has been invaluable to all of us, if only as a place where we can "sound off" (a bit like I did yesterday!).

Please don't worry that your starting up this thread again has made things worse, it hasn't. I was having a bad day yesterday, and felt I needed to respond to your kind words and let you know they were heard and appreciated. You actually helped.
Pupil at St James Girl's School from 1979-1989, from age 4-14. Parents ex-members of SES.

observer

Postby observer » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 pm

You're very welcome! I'm glad this forum exists for you all, and I'm also glad my little comment helped in a small way. Although I attended a strict school, an "outsider" can never claim to fully understand what transpired back then in St. Vedast, and so it is a privilege to be able to encourage, in a small way, those who were affected by it.

I did not follow how the discussion in this thread came to an end in 2011, but I also hope the earlier ones who posted in this thread way back in 2004 have found solace over the years in some way or another.

Dr.Alan

Postby Dr.Alan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 am

This is a request to all those who attended any primary or junior stage school associated with SES.

I would like to know which practices which you consider were specifically of a spiritual character were taught in a compulsory manner, to anyone before their 8th birthday.

None of my children attended SES schools. We left there at the time they were setting up. We would not have sent them there in any case. So I do not know much about what was taught prior to the 8th birthday, to children who attended these schools.

From information which you post up for me, it maybe that I will need to add a 7th mistake to the "Mistakes Against the Shankaracharya Tradition" stream.

thanks in anticipation.
SES - London 1964-1974 left due to SES interference with private life.

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm

The ones that spring to mind right away are:
Pausing
Sanskrit Prayers
Sanskrit as a whole - because it is taught with the intention of being key to self realisation
Golden age decline to iron age

Bonsai

Return to “St James and St Vedast”