ITV Documentary

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
alexn

ITV Documentary

Postby alexn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 am

Dear All,

I am currently researching for an ITV London current affairs series, with the possibility that one of the episodes will look at The School of Economic Science. I have already contacted Mike Gormez who has given his permission for me to post on the site.

I?m interested in talking to people about their experiences of SES courses, schools and the general movement in London and the South East. I watched the channel four news piece on St. James School a few weeks ago and would also like to talk to anyone involved in this news item. This is for a current affairs programme so I?m after stories from both sides to form a balanced argument.

I?m trying to read my way through the forum as quickly as I can, but there really is a lot of material so this could take sometime. If anyone would like to talk to me about any of their experiences or just point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Please feel free to email me at anytime or send me your phone number and an appropriate time to call if you would like to talk over the phone.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Alex Nott
ITV

Tel: XXX XXX XXX
XXXXXXXXX

Edit: Contact details removed at request of sender: see explanatory posting below.

Ben W

Postby Ben W » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:28 pm

In the interest of openness, I have written to Alex
Child member of SES from around 1967 to around 1977; Strongly involved in Sunday Schools ; Five brothers and sisters went to ST V and St J in the worst years

Joseph O'Shea

Postby Joseph O'Shea » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Me too
At Queensgate in the early 80s until I was 7 years old. Classmates included John Frederic Arthur Farndel and Timothy Body and most importantly, James Warham!. My Grandfather used to manage Sarum Chase in London for many years.

Goblinboy

Postby Goblinboy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:52 am

The following message to the moderators is posted here with the sender's permission:

alexn wrote:Hi GB

Is it possible to remove my ITV Documentary thread on the general message board? I have had lots of people contact me about their experiences of the SES and of St.James, but unfortunately my executive producers no longer want me to continue researching the subject and want me to focus on other projects.

Thanks for your help

All the best

Alex Nott
Producer
ITV London

The moderators suggested that the thread be retained, as a record of interest. Alex has agreed with the suggestion. His contact details have been removed from his intial posting.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:46 am

bloody fickle media *sigh*
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

mm-

Postby mm- » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:25 pm

Amazing.

One minute ITV are possibly running a documentary on the SES and St James, putting themselves through the trouble of posting on this BB and having countless people come forward with their experiences, and lo and behold, twelve days later the producers pull the plug.

Either there wasn't a story worth telling (which I very much doubt) or the mighty SES PR machine got their foot in through the door first and managed to shut up those investigating their horrible, deceitful group.

The media have a responsibility not only to ensure that the public are aware of what the SES have been capable of in the past but also what their practices and intentions are both now and in the future. They have effectively shut the door on the truth for all those unsuspecting people that walk through the doors of Manderville Place for so called philosophy lessons and the naive parents who register their children at the St James schools for a private education.

Little do they know what they are setting themselves up for--- a crash course on how to join a cult.

I really hope that it doesn't take something really horrible to happen to a pupil at St James or someone attending a course, for the media to sit up and take note!

CeliaR

Postby CeliaR » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:02 am

Deleted
Last edited by CeliaR on Wed May 17, 2006 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bonsai

Postby bonsai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:33 am

mm- wrote:Either there wasn't a story worth telling (which I very much doubt) or the mighty SES PR machine got their foot in through the door first and managed to shut up those investigating their horrible, deceitful group.

This is dissapointing and it is difficult not to look at cynically. There are certainly enough SES members with wealth and influence able to try and make the organisation look more respectable than it is. On top of that there are those amognst the membership that have a professional working of the press and PR too.

I sincerely hope there is nothing going on here to be cynical about.

mm- wrote:I really hope that it doesn't take something really horrible to happen to a pupil at St James or someone attending a course, for the media to sit up and take note!

Hasn't enough happened already?

Bonsai

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:06 am

If the 'quality' press won't come to the party, maybe it's time to invite the trashloids?

Is Murdoch in the SES? :D
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

mm-

Postby mm- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Bonsai wrote

Hasn't enough happened already?

Sadly yes.

However no one that matters seems to be batting an eyelid...that includes the NSPCC, the police, social services and the Department of Education.

Return to “General discussion of SES”