Welcome

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.

Have you been a member of SES?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 47

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:23 pm

a different guest wrote:
I think a 5 year old in a shirt and tie look sridiculous - not to mention the extra work for the mother. Why have uniforms that require special laundering and ironing - give me something I can bung in the washer and dryer anyday.

Well that may be extra work for you, but it wasnt for my mother. Even when i was in a state school we had to wear skirts (with pleats!!), and she didn't think ironing clothes for me was 'extra work'. Well I suppose we all have different mothers, different attitudes, and different liifestyles.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:15 am

Anonymous wrote: and she didn't think ironing clothes for me was 'extra work'. Well I suppose we all have different mothers, different attitudes, and different liifestyles.

Sounds to me like your trying on the old chestnut that doing doing things for kids is not "worK' but an expression of love.

How sweet. (where IS that eye rolling smilie?)

Personally I think I can express my love better by playing with the kids down the park, or reading with them, than spending hours ironing their bloody clothes!

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:50 am

Anonymous wrote:How sweet. (where IS that eye rolling smilie?)

Hold your horses, here it is: :ohplease:

Courtesy this site http://www.forumimages.com/

Ps. can you do someting for me? Use a handle in the senderfield when composing postings. It is much nicer to talk to a name rather than "Anonymous".
Last edited by mgormez on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Gormez

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:41 am

mgormez wrote:Ps. can you do someting for me? Use a handle in the senderfield when composing postings. It is much nicer to talk to a name rather than "Anonymous".

Sorry Mike - that post was from me - I sometimes forget to make sure the "a different guest" name is put in.

I would log in as a member but am a bit sus about this board - even without registering it leaves lots of cookies and also keeps on wanting to give my computer "packets" which my firewall, in its (default) wisdom, choses to block.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:
In the case of adults, that is true! WHy on earth do the majority people go to work in a suits? Oh perhaps they are all truley "clothes snobs"!

When I was a child clothes in the least restricted my 'play'! For nothing could get in the way of my 'play'.

1) Majority of adults? Do you only associate with people who work in old fashioned banks???

2) Try climbing a tree in a flowing skirt.

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:31 pm

a different guest wrote:I would log in as a member but am a bit sus about this board - even without registering it leaves lots of cookies and also keeps on wanting to give my computer "packets" which my firewall, in its (default) wisdom, choses to block.

I am not a real techie but the program is an open-source board and you can examine the source code to your heart's content here: http://www.phpbb.com/

Ps, no prob on the name-thingy.
Mike Gormez

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:57 pm

mgormez wrote:I am not a real techie but the program is an open-source board and you can examine the source code to your heart's content here: http://www.phpbb.com/

Not being a techie at all I could examine it to my hearts content and not understand a thing! LOL

perhaps the "open source" is what my firewall doesn't like?

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:41 pm

a different guest wrote:
mgormez wrote:I am not a real techie but the program is an open-source board and you can examine the source code to your heart's content here: http://www.phpbb.com/

Not being a techie at all I could examine it to my hearts content and not understand a thing! LOL

perhaps the "open source" is what my firewall doesn't like?

No, that's not it, it doesn't like cookies I'd say. Open-source means that the source is open to all so everyone can work on it to make it a better program and when it is tested by others, it gets released. All that is done in a transparent way. It would be nearly impossible to insert some nasty code in it and not get it noticed by the reams of people all over the world who work on it, use it or like to make additional 'mods' (short for modifications - again open to inspection).

Just a minute ago I updated the board from 2.0.5 to 2.0.7 -- that's why it was down for a short time.
Mike Gormez

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote: and she didn't think ironing clothes for me was 'extra work'. Well I suppose we all have different mothers, different attitudes, and different liifestyles.

Sounds to me like your trying on the old chestnut that doing doing things for kids is not "worK' but an expression of love.

How sweet. (where IS that eye rolling smilie?)

Personally I think I can express my love better by playing with the kids down the park, or reading with them, than spending hours ironing their bloody clothes!

Okay, I understand why ironing is such a big job for you, you take hours.......!

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:42 pm

Okay okay we have established you dont send your children to that school, because you have to iron their clothes... can we all move on!!?!??

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:00 pm

what a remarkably stupid comment Annoyed. And you are SUCH a grump.

So much for the SES being a path to happiness.

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:31 pm

So much for the SES being a path to happiness

oh puuurrleaseeeee......... there u go anian making irrational statements. WHo said I was a part of the SES? I have never ever been a part of the School...Perhaps that's why I am such a 'grump' because I'm not a part of it...

please think before you comment!

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:41 pm

the annoyed wrote:
oh puuurrleaseeeee......... there u go anian making irrational statements. WHo said I was a part of the SES? I have never ever been a part of the School...Perhaps that's why I am such a 'grump' because I'm not a part of it...

please think before you comment!

Hardly an irrationaly statement. You've come on this board, made insulting comments to anyone who has questioned SES methods, and supported the SES in all your posts. If you are not a member why are you posting this way? What is your interest in them if you have nothing to do with them?

TheVoice2BalanceTheTruth

Postby TheVoice2BalanceTheTruth » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:42 pm

I did not say I have nothing to do with them. I said I am not a member of the SES. What I am interested in, is why you post here if you're not a part of it?

I support what I belive is true or right.

This board is full of negative vibes. Anyone wanting to find out about the SES would see this and think "wow! strange 'cult'...weird... not for me." However the majority of people coming on these boards would be ignorant by the fact that many of you haven't really been a part of the SES at all. Nor would they notice that you're againt the SES in a way, that what ever the SES do, in your eyes is terribly awful.

St Vedast is in the past, and will stay in the past.

The past is history, and we need to focus on what the SES is NOW than what it had been BEFORE.

Therefore I want my voice on this board to be of a positive nature, as I belive that the SES does more good than it does bad.

I too have my negative views on the SES,who doesn't have a negative and a positive view for everything? My role on here is to point out what's good. That way anyone passing through these posts will not be mislead.

The SES does more good than it does bad.

There schools are the greatest thing they have done in this day and age in my view (I know it's the worse in your veiw).

If I point of my views in an agresive manner, I am sorry, but with any other manner I feel my voice is drowing, I also do not feel as bad when someone replies equally agressive, anyway it makes this board a bit more amusing... or perhaps creative ... rather interesting!

-the annoyed-

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:24 pm

TheVoice2BalanceTheTruth (AKA the annoyed) wrote:
St Vedast is in the past, and will stay in the past.

Not if I've got anything to do with it, matey!

Return to “General discussion of SES”