Mystic Guru who guides the SES and St. James Schools

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
Zathura

Postby Zathura » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi Free. could you post me on or off site a link or links to any actual 'speeches' by VD. I am not suprised by this link of 'Hindu fundamentalism' I wonder how fundemantal law equates with the Muslim Shariah law and whether as usual there are versions.
At the moment at a cursory glance and reading of some of these links. The main events of these meetings are described and the fact that VD was there and spoke but as with a lot of these kind of functions/rallys maybe as official one fourth head of the Hindu religion VD is there as an accessory and often only some of his views are represented by the function itself. To link the causes and guests completely might or might not be a mistake. Perhaps VD has to be at these events.

I'm not too bothered as am no defender of the Hindu faith or of the suppression of women or the caste system AT ALL.

However still it would be nice to see a copy or example of a typical speech by VD.

Alban

Postby Alban » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:30 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:And he wears an orange bed sheet! Sports a long wisely grey beard a fat wallet by the sounds of it.

I have 2 plans....

1)Ask Boddy about the Charity set up to support his Ashram, not boddy's lol Mr Fox did that for him! hehehe
2) Ask the following question: "Sir, here at school you teach us to be leaders, what are we to think if the governors of '75-'87 do not resign? Doesnt a great leader recognise defeat and wilfully 'fall on his sword' "?

should go down a storm....thursday morning It will be done my friends.

Sam xox (The mood did need enlightenment jimbo)

I would love to see his face and hear the answer to that one Sam - don't have a mini cam or at least a mini recorder of some description do you?

Alban

leon

Postby leon » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:34 pm

Sam Hyde wrote:2) Ask the following question: "Sir, here at school you teach us to be leaders, what are we to think if the governors of '75-'87 do not resign? Doesnt a great leader recognise defeat and wilfully 'fall on his sword' "?

should go down a storm....thursday morning It will be done my friends.

Sam xox (The mood did need enlightenment jimbo)

hi sam

Maybe if you want the governors to resign surely any implicated staff still teaching at the school should do likewise?

Although he's not a leader of any kind, I would put your idea to Lacey if you ever see him. I doubt he has the guts to publicly face up to his past, in St James speak, "like a man", as Barrington Barber and other ex-staff did.

I wouldn't laugh too loud at the bearded swami!! don't you guys still chant 'om paranat namay namah uta eetee etc' before and after every lesson???
I remember going to my local comprehensive school after leaving St James and trying to impress some girls with my mad sanskrit skills...(it worked with the hippy types, writing their names in sanskrit..they loved it.) Soon people were wandering around muttering aaheeooon rrillarick....hyyarulwrut lahn..nyummagummnum....or eeh own I ouch....remember that one?

best
leon

all from 9 and the last from wherever.........

james

Postby james » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:24 am

No we don't have a mini cam unfortunatly. But maybe you could ask channel four to secretly install one! Lmfao.

I agree sam that would be a very good plan. However I think an open apology from the teachers still at the school would surfice. Especialy as they have reformed there ways. (Find my post in sams thread about my time Mr Laceys form)

Ps. Sam
I think the penny has dropped, I think I know why barber left without much notice now.

ross nolan

real substantial posting

Postby ross nolan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:33 pm

Congratulations Free on a really significant "enlightenment" regarding the guru . In my opinion this is the sort of well researched contribution that can help expose the real agenda of the SES . From virtually the second week of the 'introductory' public course I as in no doubt that something strange and essentially anti western was percolating below the surface of the school of philosophy . Can somone with a scanner possibly post the contents of the twelve week intro course or somehow post a link ? Also any other SES material that can reveal the content of courses ?

I have a few further Erasmus links to put on to "Origins.." but further reading of Erasmus does make one more sympathetic to his overall intentions -- interestingly one link to the 'schiller institute' who have also 'adopted' him as a role model is really from the Lyndon La Rouche society (citizens electoral lobby -- citizen initiated referendum etc )which is a sort of secular cult with some nasty anti semitic etc views -- a friend of the family got sucked in to this one and I went along to several meetings at their headquaters . The common threads of having to study ancient philosophers, fine art and music, exotic mathematical and other fringe 'cultural' subjects between cults are amazing .

Check out the ongoing bloody civil war between Hindu sects (effectively) that is the Sri Lankan conflict (Tamil tigers etc) or even the Hindu vs Muslim bloodshed at the partition of India/Pakistan and eversince -- how 'enlightened' and godlike is this behaviour ? (like Kali perhaps)

I attended the funeral of a friends' cousin whom I barely knew , to discover that he was a Buddhist (knew him through flying - he died in an aircraft accident) -- part of the service was conducted by a Buddhist priest and the Buddhists in the congregation (some being elderly and quite "Pukka" looking Englishman ) spontaneously burst into a long and absolutely perfectly synchronized chant that lasted for a good few minutes and was quite amazing whilst it lasted -- this seemed to reflect some sort of ingrained 'chanting reaction' that was obviously extremely well practiced and had some sort of religious significance -- his widow tried to explain the meaning of it afterwards but it clearly had the effect of setting up some sort of bodily resonance and becoming self sustaining -- almost like the purring of cats or the droning of a hive of bees but unsettling in it's feeling . Seemed like surrendering individuality somehow that is hard to explain -- Voodoo seems to have similar rituals that result in the 'Zombie" state -- hard to see what the good of it is other than to confirm the power of the 'leader' over the group.

R.
Skeptic

Zathura

Postby Zathura » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Ross I have shit loads of S.E.S material. Shit loads. It's just a matter of being bothered to type it.

I think it would be good to open up a few new threads on each of the subjects of contention that the S.E.S has strong views.

Top of the list would be.

The S.E.S on WOMEN

then

The S.E.S on duty and the common man

I have substantial quotes on all these issues right from MacLaren and the Shankaracharya. A friend of mine has ALL the books. Thats about 8 blue books and 2 purple. IT IS VERY SUPRISING NONE OF THIS HAS MADE IT ON THE SITE SO FAR.

leon

Postby leon » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:31 pm

james wrote:Ps. Sam
I think the penny has dropped, I think I know why barber left without much notice now.

What penny?

I assumed barber left the school ages ago, did he leave recently?

please can you give more details James?

sugarloaf

Postby sugarloaf » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:04 pm

Hi Zathura,

you wrote:
I have shit loads of S.E.S material. Shit loads. It's just a matter of being bothered to type it.

I have substantial quotes on all these issues right from MacLaren and the Shankaracharya. A friend of mine has ALL the books. Thats about 8 blue books and 2 purple. IT IS VERY SUPRISING NONE OF THIS HAS MADE IT ON THE SITE SO FAR.

Sounds very interesting - why not set up a website (you can do it for free if you dont mind the ads) and scan some and upload them so we can all peruse at our pleasure? you could highlight the interesting bits & it might also save you having to type them out.

james

Postby james » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:00 pm

Sorry he did leave a while ago. A year and a half nearly, if im not mistaken. Its just he did so without much warning.

nilsabm

Postby nilsabm » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Barry Barber's apology was posted Fri Oct 22, 2004

About a year and a half ago then. Was he pushed for being decent? Or did he resign on principle?

Sam Hyde

Postby Sam Hyde » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:13 pm

He simply retired, hes not one to go without a push anyway, he was a great character in my time.
You up still james? Well its day where you are anyway!

Sam xox
thats old now, like me, only 4 weeks to go!!!!!
"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education"

Free

Postby Free » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:35 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew

Postby Matthew » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:17 am

www.hinduismtoday.com/archives/1995/1/1995-1-03.shtml

An extract from 'Hinduism Today' in January 1995

How London Hindus Tackle Their Children's Education

ST. JAMES SCHOOL - AN ECLECTIC ALTERNATIVE

St. James School in Central London is an excellent institution in the finest tradition of English education. The student body (30% Hindu) is from decidedly upscale families-witness the Rolls and Mercedes dropping off students each morning-able to meet the relatively stiff fees. Prominent UK Hindus such as C.V. Patel send their children here. The academic and character building standards are high; discipline is strict. Meals are healthy and all vegetarian. There are actually four schools here with separate facilities and under separate headmasters-junior and senior boys; junior and senior girls-about 200 students in all. It appeals to Hindus because of its philosophically Vedic orientation; however, it is not a "Hindu school," and according to Senior Boys Headmaster Nicholas Debenham "not a Christian one either. It is not a religious anything. It is intended to be something new. It is a philosophic teaching that should appeal to anyone, that would strengthen their own faith." The school's origins are unique.

St. James' founder, Leon MacLaren, first founded the "London School of Economics" in 1920, a philosophy school based on the mystical teachings of Gurdjieff and his disciple, P.D. Ouspensky. St. James was begun as a place to educate the children whose relatively affluent parents belonged to the London School of Economics. Consequently, it has from the beginning been an unusual blend of the British upper crust and deep spirituality. In the 1960s MacLaren met Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and through him, Swami Shankarananda Saraswati, the previous Shankaracharya of Jyotir Mutt in India, with whom he developed a close association. Shankarananda offered much guidance for St. James. As a result, the school is permeated with Advaita Vedanta philosophy, plus teachers and most students participate in daily meditation following Maharishi's TM method. Students study the Vedas, Upanishads, Ramayana, Mahabharata and Gita. An authentic form of Vedic mathematics is taught as well. Basic Sanskrit is a required subject and Sanskrit chants begin and end the day.

The school has an eclectic approach to religion. It is formally associated with the Church of England, and most teachers are members. The senior boys' assembly has a 15-minute period of worship which includes the Lord's Prayer ("Our Father, who art in heaven..."), responses, hymns and psalms-all drawn from the Church of England prayer book. The senior girls have the same service; the junior boys and girls do a Sanskrit prayer, the Lord's Prayer and a scriptural reading which is most often from the Christian Bible, but also from Hindu scripture. Debenham said a few Muslim (but no Hindu) students had challenged the mandatory attendance and were told if they did not go to the assembly, they could not attend the school. He believes there is nothing in "the prayers that would upset anyone."

On the other hand, ten years ago the Standard, a prominent UK newspaper, wrote a series of articles (later made into a book) accusing the school of being "some kind of cult." The paper said they wear uniforms like a British school, call themselves St. James, but teach Hinduism-a backhanded compliment as far as Hindus are concerned.

So Hindu parents must weigh the benefits (first-class education and a spiritual environment) against the drawbacks (mandatory participation in Christian prayer and the predominance of Christian scripture) in deciding to send their children here.

Free

Postby Free » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:26 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free

Postby Free » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:14 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion of SES”