Mystic Guru who guides the SES and St. James Schools

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
ross nolan

charity trusts etc.

Postby ross nolan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:11 pm

Free ,et al, Do you know if anybody has initiated an investigation of this trust and any other SES entity in respect of the bona fides of their charitable status and actual operations ? I have contacted the authority responsible to also ask this .

Zathura offered to provide a lot of the internal teaching documents of the SES but has apparently left the forum -- you seem to have by far the most detailed understanding of the "Eastern connection" so I wondered if you had any documentation from the other "mystic leaders" of the SES in the form of Gurdjieff or Ouspensky (taken as being 'mouthpieces' for the Shank and his predeccesor and translating the eastern philosophies into western thought by McLaren jr. )
Skeptic

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:43 am

Ive put a belated copy of Free,s post ın the ~reference thread~ (I cant fınd certaın keys on thıs keyboard)
http://www.whyaretheydead.net:/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=21
Mike Gormez

Justice

Postby Justice » Fri May 04, 2007 10:18 pm

What is the best way to trick innocent parents into sending (condemning) their children to “schools” set up and controlled by a pseudo-hindu Mind Control Cult?

1. Give the schools a Christian name such as St. James Independent Schools

2. Boast on the “school’s” website that: “We do follow the Christian tradition of the nation during periods of collective worship, and scripture lessons are from the King James Bible.” - See: http://www.stjamesschools.co.uk/v2/boys ... bout-1.htm

3. Make bold claims on your website of: “Links with the Church: Father Rob Marshall is chaplain to St James Schools. He takes beginning and end of term services, occasional assemblies, and gets to know the boys in the classroom. The effect is to support the faith of pupils who are Christian; introduce Christianity to those who are not; and give a strong spiritual impulse to all. This link with the Church of England is much valued by St James.
– See: http://www.stjamesschools.co.uk/v2/boys ... bout-6.htm

4. Make brief and obscure references to the “school’s” involvement with the School of Economic Science BUT DON’T draw attention to: “A letter from Donald Lambie”, leader of the School of Economic Science on the SES website which states:
“The principal aim of the School is complete liberation – or, to put it another way, the realisation of Man’s full potential.
Freedom is an inner state of being and as such it is difficult if not impossible for it to be quantified. Advaita philosophy does however give certain indicators.
The philosophic teaching that has come from Shri Shantananda Sarasvati is capable of meeting the needs both of individuals and the world in a marvellous way.”
- See: http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/in ... age=letter

5. Cover up all traces of letters from individuals such as Paul G. van Oyen, former leader of the SES in the Netherlands, and a 30 year veteran of the School of Economic Science, when he states:
“I am a Dutch national aged 55 and I have spent some 30 years studying advaita vedanta through the School of Economic Science in London which is closely co-operating with Shankaracarya Ashram, Allahabad (the line of Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Shri Shantananda Sarasvati and the current Shri Vasudevananda Sarasvati).
I have been in charge of the School of Philosophy in the Netherlands for 12 years until 1997 when I left that organisation. I am now author and translator in the field of advaita vedanta and early christianity. My chief interest is to show and prove that early Christianity is a form of (advaita) vedanta or at least very closely related to it.”
- See: http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives ... 11331.html

Parents might be interested in learning more about the exact nature of the “close co-operation” between the founders of St. James School and an Ashram in Allahabad?

They might also like to know what the SES mean when they claim that: “early Christianity is a form of (advaita) vedanta”.

6. What is Advaita Vedanta?
“Advaita Vedanta is a philosophy and RELIGION based on the Vedas that teaches the non-duality of the individual soul and God--as expressed by its foremost exponent Shankaracharya and the unbroken succession of teachers descended from him.

- See: http://www.advaita-vedanta.org

Isn’t it about time that the lid was PROPERLY lifted in the UK and International press and media on the truth about St. James Independent Schools and their formation and control by a secretive and deceptive Mind Control Cult?

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sat May 05, 2007 10:52 am

Justice! wrote:Isn’t it about time that the lid was PROPERLY lifted in the UK and International press and media on the truth about St. James Independent Schools and their formation and control by a secretive and deceptive Mind Control Cult?

Yes! The problem is how to get the media interested.

Jellybaby

Mystic Guru

Postby Jellybaby » Mon May 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Have you tried approaching various news programme editors?
Perhaps the St. James action group (forgotten its proper title) could do
so?
You're absolutely right though - without decent publicity it's going to be
very difficult to raise awareness.
What I can't understand is that given that the media in other countries haven't
been afraid to look at this (e.g. the Netherlands, New Zealand and
I think Australia), why not the British and Irish media? Just one financial
scam has been covered in the Irish media, but nothing like the whole
story. Of course attempts have been made to stifle any further publicity -
and therein may lie the reason.

Free

Postby Free » Sun May 13, 2007 1:42 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sun May 13, 2007 6:54 pm

A group of former pupils, of which I am proud to be a member, have devoted thousands of hours between them to campaigning for justice for survivors of SES schools' abuse. They have contacted newspapers and other media outlets on many occasions. They have told the truth about SES abuse on national television. Other former pupils and concerned individuals have also made magnificent contributions. Without the efforts of these people (sometimes in the face of smears, insults and lies from the SES hierarchy), the Townend Inquiry, to which dozens of former pupils contributed, would not have happened and there would not have been a public apology (however feeble) from Lambie or a 'reconciliation process' (however unconvincing - and I'll be posting more on this soon!).

But until others start campaigning and until more parents of current pupils start asking questions about the history and true nature of their children's school, the lid will never be properly lifted.

Jellybaby

Mystic Guru

Postby Jellybaby » Sun May 13, 2007 9:33 pm

In answer to Free: a few years ago the John Scottus Senior School found itself in “an impossible financial situation” and suggested to parents that it had found a solution “at nominal additional costs to parents”.

The cost per child per term it told parents was about €l,484 and although
“One obvious solution is to increase fees to this amount” it instead proposed a solution that saw the taxpayer take the hit. Parents were asked to pay a “contribution” instead of fees “just like we do in the Primary school” and the school would get a refund from the tax authorities for donations from PAYE taxpayers. The then treasurer estimated that the amount to be sought from parents under this scheme would be only €860.
See article published in The Sunday Times on March 27th 2005 (not sure
if this story would be available in the British edition of the paper - probably
not?) See also The Irish Independent of 7th April 2005 which reported on
how one Irish Senator referred this issue to two Irish parliamentary (Oireachtas) committees for them to investigate it further.

The Irish Revenue Commissioners put a stop to the scheme and pointed out that what was introduced by the Minister for Finance to promote benevolence towards charities and other approved bodies, including schools was “not a Scheme to provide tax relief upon contributions the purpose of which is some personal benefit.” Revenue accordingly wrote to all 58 private secondary schools to warn them to make sure that school fund-raising does not abuse this tax relief scheme.

Regarding the second query: at least one letter was sent to the editor of
one of the daily newspapers in Ireland in an attempt to stifle coverage
of the movement and its children's schools.

Free

Postby Free » Wed May 16, 2007 4:14 am

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free

Postby Free » Wed May 16, 2007 2:22 pm

<delete>
Last edited by Free on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justice

Postby Justice » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:11 pm

How are things at the St. James Independent Schools these days?

Do the latest intake of parents and pupils know the FULL truth about the history of the schools links with the Cult that set up St. James, or is the School of Economic Science and St. James being economical with the truth?

If you would like to see some up to date photos of the home of the Guru who "inspires" St. James staff (Swami Vasudevananda Saraswati) go to the web page below and scroll down the page about three quarters of the way:

http://sashas-india.blog.de/2007/09/24/ ... th~3032383

Why not take a look at the courses offered by the School of Economic Science, to get a feel for what "Cult-Like" ideas are inspiring the staff who teach your children? Go to:

http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/in ... hysynopsis

Interested in Astrology? Then why not take a look at how the school's "Guru" inspires the Chopra Center in California? Go to:

http://www.chopra.com/jyotish

But then, you probably know about all this already don't you? Presumably you were told all about this when you first visited the school?

If not, why not?

Jo-Anne Morgan

Postby Jo-Anne Morgan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Justice, in one of your earlier posts you say:

They might also like to know what the SES mean when they claim that: “early Christianity is a form of (advaita) vedanta”.

Do you have an issue with this claim?

Justice

Postby Justice » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi Jo-Anne,

What I have an issue with is the way in which Mind Control Cults conceal their true agenda from an unsuspecting public, revealing it only when it is already too late for many people.

It makes no difference whether you are taking a course in philosophy or sending your children to an independent school. If the real intention is to attempt to entrap as many unsuspecting people as possible into joining a Mind Control Cult using a varied mixture of coercive psychological techniques then THAT is what I have an issue with!

Even if the "conversion" rate is only say, between 5 - 20% then that is more than enough for most Mind Control Cults.

a different guest

Re: Mystic Guru

Postby a different guest » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 am

Jellybaby wrote:What I can't understand is that given that the media in other countries haven't been afraid to look at this (e.g. the Netherlands, New Zealand and
I think Australia), why not the British and Irish media?

I am sorry to report that the only media story on SES schools that I have seen here (Au) was in the "Education" section of The Age newspaper (respected broadsheet) that was, alas, all quite positive (albeit a little weird - but only if you knew more of the background).

The schools here are marketing themsleves to the parents who think their kids are "GTs" ("gifted and talented") and links to the schools are on local sites dedicated to the issues faced by parents of GTs.
Relatives with long-term involvement in the SES / SOP/ SoEP

ConcernedMum

Postby ConcernedMum » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 pm

Oh good lord - gifted and talented? Every child I've heard of being taken out of John Scottus http://www.johnscottus.ie and moved to another school has moved from being considered "above average'" in JS to below the average in other schools. I am surmising, based on some experience, that all the "extras" don't leave enough time for the curriculum to be dealt with as it is in other schools.
Last edited by ConcernedMum on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion of SES”