Us gay folk...

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
cm006j

Re: Mrs L

Postby cm006j » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Free Thinker wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I just wanted to put in a good word for Mrs L. I did not know her personally, just through her being around, although she did come to talk to my group once. I found her to be a delightful creature, gentle and kind and genuinely a lovely lady - hard working too. She was married very young too I think.

I would say the same. Mr. L was the future Mrs. L's teacher when she was in secondary school. That should tell you something about the relationship. I did have the impression of her being very sweet and kind, and quite intelligent, but definitely knew her place up at Mr. L's side. I would have really liked to have spent more time with her on residential.

In close proximaty Mrs. Lambie is not as nice and sweet as she seems. She's great at giving off a charming appearance. Most of the anger and frustration I feel at the school and the sense of being misled comes from her.

She was my tutor for several residentials and up close she was harsh, judgmental, and close-minded.
Last edited by cm006j on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cm006j

Re: Us gay folk...

Postby cm006j » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:30 pm

What I heard about homosexuality was very little, but when the topic did come up once the message was that someone who is gay must live a celibate life, never giving in to those desires, so that they could be born "normal" in the next life.

I believed that for a long time. I believed it because I had another form of sexuality that I knew the school would find unacceptable and I was fighting against it, accepting a life without giving in to my true desires.

Finally I couldn't do it anymore. I snapped, I had the kind of relationship I really wanted and it felt wonderful. It felt right. I could not spend my entire life never experiencing that kind of peace.

I would never wish that on someone else either.

It is not right to tell people that they need to deny something fundamental to their spirit. We are all on this journey trying to find happiness and contentment, it is up to each of us to discover where that is. Someone else can't tell us where our joy is.

actuallythere

Postby actuallythere » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 am

Isn't it funny that SES is petrified of homosexuality while it teaches the Great Homosexuals, such as Shakespeare, Da Vinci and Plato.

Doh!

cm006j

Postby cm006j » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

actuallythere wrote:Isn't it funny that SES is petrified of homosexuality while it teaches the Great Homosexuals, such as Shakespeare, Da Vinci and Plato.

Doh!

Except they will insist those people weren't gay!

I remember when my school started teaching the idea that Shakespeare may have dedicated sonnets to a man and my parents were livid, they were saying it was all lies and misunderstanding.

Return to “General discussion of SES”