Meditation

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
Issey Miyake

hmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:39 pm

Well first things first, the want of food is mental, but well how about another example then, like umm physical pain that is encountered when say from a paper cut (small but deadly). When you think about the pain you feel the pain, if you take your mind of the pain then you wont feel it.
AS for if I find it irritating that they choose to waste their time, well I say it is, because they complain about stuff but don't talk out about it to the people that matter like this forum really.
And finally, the girls school have as you could say "modernised" they have got out of the thinking of the SES more so than the St James boys school, which is in need of big changes!
:morning: :onfire:

p.s. "the annoyed" im guessing your a woman right? u are some mooooooddddy not very nice person at all, i read ur previous post, and well you were soo not nice!! :)

Issey Miyake

hmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:40 pm

p.s. "the annoyed" im guessing your a woman right? u are some mooooooddddy not very nice person at all, i read ur previous post, and well you were soo not nice!! :)

Re: hmmm

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:11 pm

Issey Miyake wrote:p.s. "the annoyed" im guessing your a woman right? u are some mooooooddddy not very nice person at all, i read ur previous post, and well you were soo not nice!! :)

Oh shut up, u stinky thing!

issey miyake

hmm

Postby issey miyake » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:14 pm

ohhhh, arnt we all mature here, lol, stinky???? lol, well so let me guess u must be in St James girls skl, ahhhh the funny rumars i hear about ur dlightful school

Re: hmm

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:18 pm

issey miyake wrote:ohhhh, arnt we all mature here, lol, stinky???? lol, well so let me guess u must be in St James girls skl, ahhhh the funny rumars i hear about ur dlightful school

stinky? I'm talking about ur name!... u sound stupid.. u must be from the boy's school!

Issey Miyake

hmmmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:36 pm

hmmm nah i aint in the boys school im just that guy that u randomly message, remember? u stalking me or somthing???? heheheanyway back to the topic of meditation, so u really feel warm when u meditate? well could this be cuz ppl say that u should be getting somethign out of it and u do :morning: nt wanna be let down so u "imagin" it

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:52 pm

LIsten up stinky!.... u're such a piss-taker! Either discuss the topic properly or shoo right out of here! :fist:

Issey Miyake

hmmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:12 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhh touchy, seem stressed, why not go meditate???? orrrrrrr well thats all i can think of, and anyway u cant be telling me to start tlaking about the topic in hand, cuz well it seems u have only posted one thing that has i guess got any relevnce to this thread, but you were also the one that got all moody at someone cuz the conversation was straying from the main topic, hmmmm just a thought.
anyway...
has anyone else actualy meditated and have found no use in it? im not saying that i have tried it with the thought that it is S*** cuz i didnt i was open minded about it, and well i didnt find it that usful but yet i am being forced to do it and being forced to go to the "meditation cheack ups" (which has its amsuing side when u admit to the OAP that you keep straying from the mantra and feel like smacking the guy in the face, other than that its very boring, lol :fadein: ) anyway take care all good bye

Issey Miyake

hmmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:15 pm

OMG i just realised this forum is from down under!!!!!!!!!! hey how is it down there?

Re: hmmmm

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:27 pm

Issey Miyake wrote: well i didnt find it that usful but yet i am being forced to do it and being forced to go to the "meditation cheack ups" (which has its amsuing side when u admit to the OAP that you keep straying from the mantra and feel like smacking the guy in the face, other than that its very boring

How on earth can people force you to meditate. It's like forcing someone to pray, is that possible? THose who don't like meditating can sit there quitely... you are DEFINATELY not FORCED!

Also, I guess meditation only suits certain people, I assume you don't even pray? In hindusim (you are a hindu) you are known to repeat a God's name continuously, I assume you don't do that because as you say.... 'you don't find (meditation) useful'??

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:19 pm

^ Guest, could you enter a handle in the from/sender-field when composing a posting? Many do here who do not want to register and for us it is a nicer way than talking t? "Guest" and if more than one are posting it gets confused.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Gormez

meditation

Postby . » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:06 am

I regularly meditate with the meditation given from the philosophy school and find it extremely beneficial and would recommend it to others.

Tom Grubb

Re: meditation

Postby Tom Grubb » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:51 pm

. wrote:I regularly meditate with the meditation given from the philosophy school and find it extremely beneficial and would recommend it to others.

Could you tell me some of the benefits it gives you?

adrasteia (can't sign in)

meditation...

Postby adrasteia (can't sign in) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:32 pm

Just to say about the warming of the fingers....
I think it is a little naive to think this is due to meditation. (sorry, no offense meant- couldn't think of a better word!)
If you are meditating inside a building rather than outside in the cold (which I assume was the case!) then the body will naturally attempt to restore a balance in the temperature of the body using the warmth of the room and the heat generated by the body ie. warming up the fingers if they are cold from having been outside! You may have had your hands in your pockets or covered which may have helped! Hope this helps!!
I think one benefit in meditation is that you have more control over your mind....ie. you can possibly focus or concentrate better.
This is my 'take' on meditation, although I do not practice regularly.

adrasteia (can't sign in)

on forced meditation....

Postby adrasteia (can't sign in) » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:39 pm

Children at St. James have meditation sessions twice a day.
Many of them do not meditate -see 'Has St. James really changed' thread for a brilliant example!
What then is the point in them sitting there every day for increasingly legthened periods if most are practicing anything but meditation?
This begins at age 10-11.
What they do decide to practice -as I agree, no one can be forced to meditate or pray- must then have a big effect on them, as it happens for a long period of their life- 8-9 years.
So is it merely harmful to them to force them to sit there?

Return to “General discussion of SES”