Meditation

Discussion of the SES, particularly in the UK.
a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:34 am

who made you the board nazi?

Threads on BB's ALWAYS tend to wander off topic. Get over it.

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:54 pm

a different guest wrote:who made you the board nazi?

Threads on BB's ALWAYS tend to wander off topic. Get over it.

It is called manners! You stick to the topic!.... me getting over it? U're the one still carring it...[/b]

Misty

Postby Misty » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:47 pm

In St James and many of the other philosophy related schools, the children 'pause' before and after the lesson, this also is used to dedicate the lesson to God. However this pausing (probably another form of meditation- a much shorter one) helps so much in school life. Just to sit still for a half a minute or so, helps center the attention to the next lesson. Especially when we were younger full of energy, and quite hyper after break full of running about, pausing helped bring the hype back down again to focus on the lesson and topic we were going to meet. Great thing for a school to have.

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:58 pm

the annoyed wrote:
It is called manners! You stick to the topic!.... me getting over it? U're the one still carring it...[/b]

I have noticed that the SES promote a rther bizarre form of "manners". The topic had naturally drifted. If you had bothered to read the whole thread you would have noticed that.

and how come none of you SES people can spell (or have a decent grasp of grammar either).

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:08 pm

a different guest wrote:and how come none of you SES people can spell (or have a decent grasp of grammar either).

I don't think there are any SES people on this forum, perhaps you should write to them yourself instead of moaning anf groaning pointlessy in this thread specifically for Meditation!

Misty

Postby Misty » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:17 pm

When my fingers are freezing in the morning, I meditate and I find my fingers seem to be warm again after. Could this possibly mean that we gain such energy from meditation?

a different guest

Postby a different guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:08 am

Anonymous wrote: in this thread specifically for Meditation!

You must be that annoyed person again.

This thread is NOT specifically about meditation - it started out about "cults" and "meditation".

You really are an inflexible thinker aren't you. If you are a product of an SES school then that is certainly an "x" rather than a "tick" for their system of teaching.

Now if you just want to have nice talk about the wonders of meditation why don't you start your own thread titled something like "Discussing good experiences with meditation ONLY - no off topic allowed".

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:27 am

Guys/Gals, please knock it off. This is not a pissing contest.

Threads can wander off and if it wanders off too much a new thread can be started, easy as that. If you want a very focussed discussion, indeed open a thread and say so at the beginnning.

I am not pointing fingers, because 1) it is too darn early to be bothered about that and 2) I am a nice penguin loving guy :turn-l:
Mike Gormez

Misty

Postby Misty » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:55 pm

I belive everyone should try meditation.

Tom Grubb

Postby Tom Grubb » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:10 pm

For those who would like some sceptical information on Transcendental Meditation and the outrageous claims of some of its advocates, I recommend this article from the excellent Skeptic's Dictionary:

http://www.skepdic.com/tm.html

mgormez

Postby mgormez » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:31 pm

I just found this, and I must say it is pretty disturbing to me:

The Religious Underpinnings of the Natural Law Party
http://www.trancenet.org/nlp/secrets/index.shtml
Mike Gormez

Issey Miyake

hmmmmmmmmm

Postby Issey Miyake » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:09 pm

Okay so can i just ask those people who have felt "warm" and "...felt like my mother was hugging me" during meditation, were u told that would feel this when u were initiated into it? Because I was actually told this and a lot of my friends were also told, and well have any of you just thought it was just psychological?

As for your finger warming up after meditation (can't remember your names sorry) have u ever been really hungry but you had no food around, so you would try to forget about food right? After awhile u forget about being hungry altogether. The same happen when you need to go to the bathroom so badly, but if you take your mind of it you don?t feel the urge to go. You must have uncounted one of these, and well I would have to say that the reason that your fingers were no long cold was because u stopped thinking about it during meditation, you may say ?well that is good it just shows how good meditation? is but you could just watch TV and you would forget about it, but it doesn't mean that watching TV is good for you (and it is not bad for you either :P).

As for the meditation in the SES we all agree that it is just a matter of choice if you meditate or not, so why does the SES force it upon the people? A lot of my friends that are in the SES say that they don?t actually meditate but are really forced to just sit there doing nothing, ?wasting? time.

Just anther thought about the SES while I am posting something, I was talking to one of the teachers at St James (where it is a necessity for all teachers to partake in the SES whatever their views, they have to be in the SES to teach at St James) and well he was telling me that he partakes in the SES fully and was open minded about the whole thing. However he hasn?t found anything that has really made him think that it was worth while joining the SES and the only reason that he is still in the SES is because he is being forced to, two teachers before him have ?not had their contracts renewed? as they left the SES. These two teacher that left the school and the SES were high up in the SES right next to Mr. Lambie, and either one of them would have been head of St James School, which shows that they were fully into the SES but found that it was a bunch of ????Well that is all I have to say.

p.s. Its not only the people in the SES that have bad grammar and spelling, I am really bad as well so please excuse me for that :) :bday: .[/code]

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:08 pm

OH don't be so absurd, I wasn't told that U would feel 'warm', it actually would have been a pile of nonsense to me if I was told that before I started meditation!..not that I was told after my practise in meditation... it's my own god damn observation!

Well, about the warmed-up hands after meditation, I think feeling physical heat, is different to the want of food which happens in the mind!

the annoyed

Re: hmmmmmmmmm

Postby the annoyed » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:11 pm

Issey Miyake wrote:As for the meditation in the SES we all agree that it is just a matter of choice if you meditate or not, so why does the SES force it upon the people? A lot of my friends that are in the SES say that they don?t actually meditate but are really forced to just sit there doing nothing, ?wasting? time.

Well, do you not find it slightly irrational that they choose to 'waste' time?

the annoyed

Postby the annoyed » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:13 pm

There are a couple of teachers in the St James Girls school who are not a part of the SES.

Return to “General discussion of SES”